easy child Pregnancy Trouble Prayers Needed Please

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
For the past several weeks easy child has been experiencing shortness of breath, dizziness, and tachycardia (rapid heartrate). The shortness of breath has caused her to pass out at least once that I know of.

doctor has been blowing it off. Because the tachycardia wasn't that high (just hovering in the low 100s) Which is making me furious. easy child is only like 27 or so weeks and looks like she should've given birth yesterday. Yet baby is "measuring" fine and easy child has only gained 15 pounds. I mean the girl is frimping enormous. Reminds me of me with Travis......and believe me, that's not good.

easy child does not so far have high blood pressure. However she failed the normal glucose test and is scheduled for the longer version on friday.

Last night at work once again she was having lots of trouble breathing and having to gasp for breath. Her heart rate was in the 130s and stayed there even at rest. She checked her O2 saturation while at work and at least it was ok. And the nurses checked her b/p and it still wasn't high. Nurses also checked her blood sugar which was normal. She didn't go to the ER because it was only a couple of hours until the OB would be in the office. (yes, I've already yelled at her for this)

The difficulty breathing hasn't lessened since she's been home. She attempted to ly down and she couldn't get her breath at all.

I think the baby keeps pressing on a blood vessel. (not at all good) doctor is trying to blow it off as anemia or blood sugar. I don't care what he says. My Momma gut is telling me that the baby is pressing/lying on a major vessel and that the potential of seriousness is sky high. The baby is only going to get bigger and press harder the bigger he gets.

She has an appointment with the OB at 1:30. I'm going because she hasn't gone anywhere alone in the past couple of months. (except work)

I don't have a good feeling about this at all. I haven't had since it first started. And it has progressively gotten worse as the baby has grown. I don't like OBs nonchallant attitude. I know he's got to check other possiblities......but he likes to blow things off to easy to suit me. easy child is an RN, not some nervous new mother to be. He knows that, he works with her everyday.:mad:

I don't know what they do for a baby who is pressing on a blood vessel other than delivery (eventually). I thinks it's being caused by the unusual tilt of easy child's uterus, and not anything they can do for that.....except put her on bedrest where I thought she should have been at least 3 weeks ago, and monitor them both closely.

Prayers needed. OB needs to snap out of the "run of the mill" thinking and get with the program. Because if that baby gets big enough (and he will) and is in a position to press on that vessel with more force easy child and baby both are in serious trouble.

I do not have a good feeling about this. :(

Last edited:
F

flutterbee

Sending good thoughts and healing vibes and a foot up the doctor's you know what to get him motivated.

I don't understand why some doctor's act this way when something clearly isn't normal. It makes my blood boil.

(((hugs)))

witzend

I hope that they will do an ultra sound to eliminate this possibility. If I remember correctly, if this is what they find, they will have her on bedrest in a position which eleviates the pressure on the vessel.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending prayers for the safety of easy child and the baby, and for the ob to wise up. I hope you speak openly with him about this.

Jena

Lisa

I"nm sorry i'm sending alot of positive thoughts and saying a prayer. Let us know how the appointment goes.

(((hugs))))

nvts

Ok Mom, let's look at this without emotion but from a common sense perspective.

easy child can't breathe. Last I heard this is important. She's dizzy, has a tilted uterus and seems to look way bigger than you feel she should.

Walk into the OB's office. Tell him that you feel that you're being blown off and that you're not satisfied with the follow-up and feedback and if you don't feel satisfied with the follow-up plan and feedback, you're leaving his office and headed to the ER. Let him know that you're done taking the back seat on this and that you're sick and tired of feeling more upset when you leave than before you walked in.

Then follow through. As as many questions as possible. And refuse to leave until you're satisfied that you're getting appropriate levels of information.

Let us know how it goes!

Beth

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Not sure but I think you should be at the appointment. Sending out those good thoughts as quickly as I can. Let us know how things went.

beth

janebrain

Please let us know how dr appointment. goes as soon as you can. I am so glad you are going with her. I can't imagine how awful it must be to have to gasp to just breathe!
Jane

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy,

OF course you know that easy child and the baby and you and your whole family are in my prayers.

That being said I want to tell you something that you may think is nuts, but it's about me (so that kinda fits). I am anemic. No matter what I eat, how green, how good? I'm anemic. I also have Thalassemia trait. (anemia that is like sickle cell but is not). IF I do not take iron? I can't breathe. I will be winded walking from the car to the front of a store. Twenty steps and my face is red, I'm wheezy and my sinuses burn.

IS SHE....taking her IRON???? Has she (not a nurse but trying to help) gotten her iron tested?

doctor is right - anemia will make you short of breath. I am hoping this is some help.

Hugs
Star

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I was anemic during both pregnancies. I had the same type of things go on. I went black at the Sears Tower in Chicago... I went dizzy and almost out a bunch of times.

I only gained 15 and 17 pounds with both girls. Not for lack of trying. I never had high BiPolar (BP). It was very low.
Towards the end (last couple of days) my Blood Sugar went low. I stopped eating sugar.
Both girls were exactly 3 weeks early and the same weight. I was on no medications at the time.
But they were completely fine not one complication.
Apgars fine. Feeding fine everything.
So I am hoping it is nothing. But it will not hurt to check things out and make sure.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OB is still poo pooing. Now he says its gas. I didn't get to go. sister in law went instead.

PCs iron was normal because she's taking an extra prescription on top of the prenatal vits. So it's not the anemia problem causing it. I'm finding it extremely hard to believe it is gas, of all things. (gimme a break) But easy child has chosen to listen to the OB and not go for a 2nd opinion. But she has conceded to going to the ER the next time she has the tachycardia instead of waiting to see OB.

So........I still get to worry sick. I think OB is full of it. Why he won't just do an ultrasound to be sure is beyond me. PCs insurance would cover it without a hitch. grrr

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. I have a feeling easy child needs all she can get.

Hugs

everywoman

Praying hard that easy child and baby will be fine and the pregnancy will progress without major complications. Even when they're grown, they are still our babies, and that mommy gut tells you when it's more than meets the eye.

F

flutterbee

Continuing to send good thoughts to easy child and baby.

Mamabear, I know you'll stay on her case about going to the ER with tachycardia or respiratory distress.

Keep us posted.

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
Next time YOU go with her!!! This does not at all sound in any way like GAS. NOt making her DIZZY. Bloated, yes. MAybe bigger than you expect. But not dizzy, hard time breathing AND tachycardic.

Are there any other OBs in your area? Cause this guy just plain isn't LISTENING to easy child. My first preg I had a doctor who wouldn't listen to me. He let me walk around town at 4 cm for 4 weeks before he induced labor. I was 44 weeks when Wiz was born. The ONLY reason he induced then and not another 2 weeks later was because I threatened to pull his lungs out through his nostril. He had the stones to put in the chart that I was "irrational". What I was was "terrified".

The next pregnancy I changed OBs. There was (and still is) only 1 OB/GYN practice in our town. They told me I couldn't switch to a diff doctor with-in the practice. I said Oh yes I can. Show me the law that says I have to let a doctor who let me go to 44 weeks with a pregnancy and see him for a 2nd preg? If anything happens to this preg and you don't let me switch to Dr. B I will sue the doctor AND YOU PERSONALLY.

I got to see Dr. B. Who was wonderful. And the staff was glad they let me switch, because I lost the baby 6 weeks later. NO fault of anyone.

I still won't see the doctor who delivered Wiz. I go to a fam practice doctor for gyn checks. Until the hyster I drove 2 hours to the OB I liked. (dr. B from above)).

It is crucially important that the OB pay attention to easy child. And that she FEEL he is paying attention. With a tipped uterus she might very well have many problems, some might be helped with a certain position when laying down, or bed rest, or whatever. But if the doctor is being an idiot it is PCs job to challenge him. Or your job to do it if she can't.

PLEASE get her to the ER for a sonogram. And to another doctor for an exam if there is one available. IF this guy keeps ignoring her she or the baby could be seriously hurt.

I will ALWAYS wonder if Wiz has Asperger's because the pregnancy went so long.

I hope she is OK and I am praying for her.