easy child said to me....

F

flutterbee

"Mom, calm down!" This is because I am tired of being one of his friend's personal on call taxi service - among other things - and told easy child so.

easy child is lucky his head is still attached to his shoulders after saying that to me. Rotten kid.

easy child is willing to bend over backwards for his friends. While it's admirable that he is so giving, because of his age it often requires my involvement. (Although easy child does go too far and has given a lot of money - his money - to his friends. We've discussed this. A lot.) I don't mind picking up his friends or taking them home and this kid's mom works two jobs so I know he often has no other way here. However, the last several times I've picked him up or taken him home, his mom was home. I still wouldn't mind if my pain hasn't been so elevated. And tonight he was going to be ready to come over at 10p.m. and it turned out being closer to 11. I'm not just sitting here on the edge of my seat waiting for the call, Know what I mean??

But for easy child to tell ME to calm down?!! I don't think so.

ETA: Oh, and after all that...we get there and this kid's mom is home.

meowbunny

Oh, I hate, hate, hate being told to CALM DOWN! My daughter does that and it just really sets me off. We have a right to be angry or upset just as much as they do. Shame they can't see that.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I can't believe your head didn't explode.
Don't you want to shake them until their teeth rattle when they talk to you like you are over the top or out of control. Grrr.

I'm sure you set him straight.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
been there done that. They do it either with that sweet innocence or that smart alec tone. Either one makes it horrible because they don't make the decision about when you are mad or not. Ugh.

I also understand a easy child that is way too giving. She has one friend (a good one) that can't get out much because she is busy raising her siblings (oh how that annoys me). So when we schedule things with her friends it is all about this other childs parents making the schedule fit their work and bar needs.

Sorry you had to deal with it all.

Beth

KFld

My easy child has a friend who's mother never drove her anywhere. It used to get me so aggrivated, but I never wanted to take it out on her friend, so I would end up driving both ways, no matter where they were going. All the moms always talked about how she never drove her daughter anywhere. easy child used to get just as mad about it herself though, so she never told me to calm down when I got annoyed about it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child was the same way with her friends, and Nichole followed suit.

I found I had to put my foot down with both of them. I was the only stay at home mom of all the Moms, so I'd wind up doing all sorts of things. They had to think of all other possible solutions BEFORE bringing me into the equations.

I'd have been sorely tempted to strangle easy child on the Calm Down remark. :devil:

F

flutterbee

So, I didn't sleep at all last night because of pain. I got in a bit of a nap today because I had to pick up difficult child from my mom's which is 45 min away.

I'd been asleep all of an hour when easy child wakes me up and tells me that his friend needs to go home. 'That's nice,' I say. easy child says, 'No, he needs you to give him a ride home.' I told easy child he was out of luck. That I would give him a ride, but it would be when I left to get difficult child. I told easy child if his friend needed to be home at a certain time then he should have made arrangements. easy child said, "I guess he thought you would be nice and give him a ride home." :grrr: (I *know* those were easy child's words and not his friend's.) Honestly, if I could have, I would have jumped out of bed and smacked him.

You know what? I've carted this kid all over town...not just back and forth from our house to his. Last weekend he was staying with easy child's friend around the corner and he needed a ride home to get something. I've taken him to his girlfriend's, I've taken him to the store.

So, easy child is ticked off at me, but I promise not more than I am at him. He made the comment tonight that he'll just start staying at his friend's instead of them always coming here. I told him that was fine with me. Oooohh...please don't tease me like that. Rotten kid.