easy child Santa Proud Mom Moment

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

As a family we all do freecycle. I'm sure most of you have heard about it by now.

Well, I click into my email the other day and there is a post from a Mom who's little 6 yr old wants Jessie from Toy Story. Not only that, but this is ALL she wants Santa to bring her this year. Mom posted a request for the doll out of desperation, hoping someone had an old one lying around they didn't want anymore.

As it happens, Darrin also asked Santa for both Woody and Jessie for xmas. easy child had a devil of a time finding it for him, and finally found it online via the disney store. (then later discovered Toys R Us had them as a boxed set)

So I emailed the Mom to let her know where easy child had found it, not knowing if money was an issue or not.

I didn't think anymore about it.

Next day same Mom posted she received the Jessie doll. I'm like What?? So I click into the email and read in huge bold letters THANK YOU MELISSA!!

And you know just how Mom's know certain things without knowing why they know? I just knew she was talking about MY easy child. Only I didn't recall easy child saying she'd picked Darrin up two Jessie dolls.

So today I told her about the posted email for the Jessie and tried to ask.....But she shushed me. (sister in law was near) Then whispered, "yeah Mom it was me. I bought her a Jessie doll for xmas. It's being delivered to her house. But don't tell my husband or I'll never hear the end of it."

Then she asked me how on earth I found out about it. I told her we Mother's always have a way of knowing what our kids are up to. (my patented answer) :rofl: Silly girl, if she'd rechecked her mail she'd have seen the thankyou post herself.

So you see, there is a Santa Claus afterall. For this little girl it was my easy child.

I'm so proud of her. :santa:

2. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Another AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

3. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

How very wonderful.
    THIS is why I love Christmas.

Trinity

4. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

:angel: She's a Christmas Angel :angel:

I too would be proud.

Sharon

5. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

I bet your heart just swelled.

6. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

That too brought tears to my eyes. Goodness what a good spirit she has.

Beth

7. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

8. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

How heartwarming!

I absolutely love posts like this. Tell her that her board aunties are very proud of her.

9. nvts

nvts Active Member

I love those stories!

You've got to be so proud!

Beth

10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

How sweet-no wonder you are proud :smile:

11. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwww - I bet that Mom didn't see that coming at all. I love Freecycle -

Thank you for the restoration of hope Daisy and Jessee!