easy child still seems

Wiped Out

Staff member
so depressed. I just did an update on difficult child in general-lots of positives. Wish I could say the same about easy child. I'm still really worried about her. She has been so quiet this week again, gets extremely angry when asked to do anything (for example walking the dog). She stayed home Thursday with a cold (not like her to miss school for a cold). Told husband she didn't talk to anyone but one kid at school all day because she doesn't ever feel like being social. She told her good friend not to sit by her at lunch (this is the same friend that she felt really bad for earlier in the week for because of rumors that hurt her friend).

Last night she watched tv alone in the basement (did hear some laughing at what she was watching at points). She fell asleep down there. She slept til 11:00 this morning. Stayed in the basement watching tv. I told her at 4:00 the tv needed to go off and she needed to walk the dog. She came up at 4 and when I asked her about walking the dog I was screamed at for talking to her. She's now up in her room (probably sleeping), she just doesn't want to be around anyone which isn't completely unusual for her except this seems extreme.

I honestly don't know if I should be pushing her to do anything right now (I would just like to see her get some fresh air or be around some people for a bit). I don't think she is doing much homework these days-ever since she saw her progress report of all As and one B she seems to have given up! Argh!

Anyways, I needed to get this out. I am taking her to see a psychiatrist on Monday morning. I'm not sure how cooperative she'll be but she does know she is going.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Andy-me too-I meant psychiatrist not therapist (I changed it now). She has been seeing a therapist for a few years now-doesn't seem to help at all.

house of cards

Hope she starts feeling better soon. I wonder if she feels more able to "fall apart" as she sees her brother get it together a little. Just a thought, not that it changes much.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hugs, it can be hard when easy child's are like that. Our easy child's room has been called the cave. Not so much lately but because she would act like a recluse and hide in it. I didn't push too much but enough that she knew I was here. Walking that fine line can be a challenge. She is 15 and that is about when it started for my easy child. Maybe a bit earlier. Some of them just go through this I need to be alone stage. easy child resented therapist appointents but went because she had no choice.

Hope things go well at the psychiatrist.

beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sharon, hard to tell how much of this is typical teen stuff for 15 yr old girls. I swear I kid you not when I say I hated that age with both my girls. Then of course there is just so much drama in hs these days. ugh That its hard to know if something is going on there, even unintentional, that's triggering her behavior. Or just depression itself.

easy child hid in her room basically at 15. So did Nichole. You spoke to either of them at your own risk. lol (wasn't funny at the time)

Hope she feels better after talking with the therapist.

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone, maybe this is a lot more typical teen than I think (I hope so anyways)! I must so not have been a typical teen because I don't ever remember moods like this!

Lothlorien

I hope the appointment on Monday is productive. It definitely sounds like either something major happened to cause her to slip into such a depression or BiPolar (BP) is rearing its ugly head. Either way, I hope things settle down in the Wiped Out house.