easy child's new boyfriend ... am I losing my sense of humor?

TerryJ2

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sigh. I hate to sound like a middle aged mom, but ... sigh ... I guess it's sort of funny ... but ... easy child is all gaga about her new boyfriend, K. She says he treats her really nicely, texts her every day, took her out to a French restaurant for her birthday, went camping last wk, is on the soccer team at the university, etc.
I noticed a bit ago that she had commented on their camping photo on FaceBook, so I clicked on it ... and this is the only quote he has to describe himself on his FaceBook page:
"God gave us a penis and a brain, but not enough blood to use both at the same time." -Robin Williams

:groan:

[/FONT]

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Actually that's quite a good quote..........and true. :rofl:

Hey, if he treats her well........that's a good thing.

Hugs

shellyd67

Terry, I must admit if he were my daughter's boyfriend and I read that quote I would not appreciate it. But I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to things of that nature ...

DDD

Personally, that is one of the reasons I don't check Facebook. OMG the freedome that young people feel in expressing themselves is a mind blower. easy child/difficult child (and I guess most of the Grands) doesn't go a day without checking in a couple of times. Some of the things that the girls post blow my mind. He just laughs and says "that's the way it is". Eh Gads. I gather it is not uncommon for three or more girls to post they want to spend time with him and "do the dirty" (but not phrased that politely). I'm so glad I'm not the Mom of those girls! DDD

muttmeister

I guess I wouldn't like it in a boyfriend for my daughter but it pretty well sums up my opinion of men in general. At least he's honest.:winks:

Jody

I definately laughed when I read it, but would not be happy if it were my daughter's boyfriend. I don't want to be reminded that he even has a penis. Yuck. Lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fortunately my girls pretty much keep fb post "clean". I said "pretty much". Compared to others I've seen.......I can live with it. Sex has always been an open topic in our family.......so this sort of thing just doesn't phase me. But I did have to put firm boundaries in place when the girls started giving mom too much information, there are just some things mom's have no business knowing.

Oddly I'm currently having more issues reading posts by my 40 something niece than my girls. I've always strongly suspected her to be a difficult child.......but wow........out of the blue she seems to have gone off the deep end and reverted back to a teen.

DammitJanet

sounds like something my daughter in law would have on her fb...lol

actualy though since its a quote from robin williams...maybe its not so bad. its just a quote and not him saying something really dirty.

TerryJ2

I don't want to be reminded that he even has a penis. Yuck. Lol.

Yeah, I guess this sums it up.

It's one thing to know, you know, but I don't really want to KNOW.

Marguerite

Maybe you could "like" Trojan condoms and send it to HIS FB page.

Oh, YES! Play the game back, double-fold. When you recommend the Trojans, tell him which ones you like best, from personal experience. You see - grossing out goes both ways...

The Robin Williams quote is not only a good quote, it also shows a level of awareness of male frailty that frankly, I'd be glad to see in a partner of my daughter's.

We have a photo taken in our front yard on one of my daughter's boyfriend's visits. He was about 17, she was 16. He was wearing a t-shirt with a very large-print slogan on it that said, "I'm the guy your mother warned you about". At the time he was a long-haired lout, looked like one of the Hanson's. Ten years later, they married.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was thinking about this - and we should send Terry a T shirt that says COUGARS

and get her to post THAT as her FB picture - then what do ya'll do on FB 'friend' someone? and friend that picture to easy child's boyfriend

I mean it's a cougar shirt but a team....lol.

Jena

lol ahhh fb the root of all evil!!! yup boys that date our daughter's have penis' we know this yet i too do not want to be reminded of it lol. it's a fact i choose to ignore especially NOW LOL.

he's honest that much i'll say....... :)