easy child's psychiatrist appointment

Wiped Out

Staff member
easy child had her first psychiatrist appointment today. She was in a surprisingly chatty mood this morning. She seemed to be very honest with psychiatrist. After talking with both of us, psychiatrist agrees that easy child is depressed. She said some of it is typical teen stuff but the fact that she is this way most of the time indicates more of a depression.

We are increasing her fluoxetene to 40 mgs per day and going back in a month. If by that time we don't see more improvement it will probably be time to try something else.

They also did some blood work just to be sure nothing else is going on. I like this psychiatrist for easy child.

I had to chuckle a bit, when she heard difficult child's name, she said she had heard of him from difficult child's psychiatrist (they're at two different clinic locations). Yep, he's infamous!;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like you've got a good psychiatrist for her and that's definately a major plus. :) It's not easy to find a doctor a teen clicks with. I hope the medication increase improves her moods.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

Sounds like you have a good psychiatrist. Keeping fingers crossed that the medication increase helps.

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Lisa and Heather! difficult child's psychiatrist recommended this psychiatrist-called her a teen girl magnet-apparently all the teen girls like her.