easy child's sweet note!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I posed the 'favorite gift' question to easy child and difficult child and here is what easy child wrote me back in an email:

<span style="color: #6633FF">ummm.... all my stockings... I was like pee my pants excited for the guitar-until I realized I have no musical talent what so ever. Honestly I tihnk my favorite present is waking up every year and being able to see everyone get so happy opening gifts and then having breakfast together while trying to figure out how to work everything...
you and P(H) and dad have made every holiday the best it could be and I really do love the traditions of the holidays. I hate not being there for the cookies but I know you all did great without me and can't wait to be home - thank you for everything - I hope I can cary out those traditions with my family one day.
love you mom </span>

How sweet is that? I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. :smile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Gosh that pine cone doesn't fall far from the Christmas tree does it?

i would have to paste that in a special scrap page or fame it. I think - I would frame it.

Thanks for sharing your tender moment. Very sweet.

Jo,

What a beautiful note!!! I think Christmas has definitely come early for you!!! I agree with Star - I would cherish that note always.

It's little things like this that make raising children so worth it!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us. WFEN

nvts

Hey! She's in culinary college! Where are YOUR cookies!

:rofl:

What a beautiful note!

Sort of answers the question "why do I do this every day!" when things get tough!

Great kid! A lot to be proud of!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H and I were out shopping for Christmas last night and at the Verizon store I tried one of the phones thinking I called myself but I called easy child.

It was a perfect oppotunity to tell her how much her little sweet note meant to me. She said, "Mom I wasn't just saying that - I really meant every word." She sounded like she was going to cry - it's not easy for her to verbalize her emotions; she does better writing them. You should see her Mother's Day cards...my God, real tear jerkers.

After such a horrifying morning yesterday between my sisters and work, her note brightened the entire afternoon and enabled me to move one.

Family is important, especially the ones we love and who love us in return. No expectations, no conditions.