Eating crow on Thanksgiving...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Signorina, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Signorina

Signorina Guest

From an earlier post:
    Guess who came in FIRST??? difficult child

I ate Crow along w my turkey.

2. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

Awww yay for difficult child :).

3. Tiapet

Tiapet Old Hand

Better to eat crow and be a proud momma! ;)

4. Sheila

Sheila Moderator

5. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good for him. Was he proud of himself? I'm sure it was nice having them all together.

6. Signorina

Signorina Guest

He was proud - but for me - it was bittersweet. Things have always come so easily to him and he takes it for granted. We're talking about a kid who got a "C" in a his "college jogging class" beating BOTH of his brothers who take running pretty seriously. But there were no hard feelings! Just a lot of male joshing and posturing...

I guess it reinforces the reality that he has been blessed with many talents and that he has always been able to accomplish wonderful things when he puts his mind to it...now if we could just get that mind clear of pot smoke...maybe he could find something worthwhile to focus upon...

I need a side of whine with my crow LOL

7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I understand bittersweet. Hopefully as he matures he'll come to realize how blessed he is and use his blessings to their full potential. At only 20, he still has some growing up to do.

If he took it for granted, He wouldn't feel quite so proud of himself. So maybe he is growing up a bit?

8. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Soooooooo what wine do you serve with crow? Bordeaux or CHablis?

9. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

OMG!!!!! WOW! Congratulations! I like Star's idea, what goes best with-crow? Let's see, it's poultry, so I'd say white wine.

10. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Calling Crow poultry is a wee stretch - but she is right!!!!! White wine would be the correct choice.

11. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I love it! Way To Go, difficult child. DDD