EEK!!!!10 years gone by

rita

Wow hard to believe but it is over a decade since I first found this place. Back in those days the boys were still kids and we were as a group mostly learning the ropes of the juvenile justice system.
Seems like so long ago although the horrific memories remain LOL
I don't come here much anymore, living difficult child's life both real time and in print got too much. He is still a handful but nothing like the wild child of old but to say he is matured is a stretch. I would say he is more like a typical (bit on the crazyside) 18 year old now at 24.
R's 10 year anniversary of his passing came a few days back, I still mourn him but I feel sure he is safe and happy were he is. J can now talk about him without going into destructo mode.
Is there anyone here who still has a "robbie tree" growing. It must be large and strong by now, I often think of them stretching up towards him. I think he looks down and smiles.
Hope everyone is getting through and finding some peace
With life there is hope...... peace all rita

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hi Rita, it's great to see you. Heck, even your signature is 3 years past updating. lol

I don't have a Robbie tree but I joined when your grief was gaping and agonizing. Time is a blessing even if living without our loved ones isn't.

I am glad to hear that J is doing better and that you are well. :flower:

Big hugs,
Suz

envisablepuppet

OMG it's Rita!!! So happy to see you post!!! I think of you and J all the time. The Robbie Tree was before my time I'm sorry to say. I came here when you and J had just gotten back from a trip to the mountains?

Glad J is ok and hope you are as well. Truly happy to see your post :bravo: :smile:

Estherfromjerusalem

Riiiiitaaaa! Hello! It really is good to "see" you after all this time. I don't write here very often any more, but I come and look every day at least once, and suddenly -- here you are! Thanks for your update. You sound as if you are doing really well. Is it already 10 whole years? It sounds as if J has come a long way, and I hope he continues to progress.

Love, Esther

SunnyFlorida

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rita</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
With life there is hope...... peace all rita </div></div>

I came after R and in the throws of J. But your quote above has always stuck with me. Thanks. :flower:

Glad you and J are doing well.

Ephchap

Rita,

How great to "see" you and to hear that life is going well for you. Our difficult child's take a while to fully "cook". It certainly sounds like J is doing much better. He'll get there, mom. Hold onto that hope.

My difficult child is now 23 and the maturity process has been slow, but ... knock on wood ... he's been doing great. He will be a dad and I will become a grandma at the end of February ! How's that for making one feel older? lol.

Again, I'm so glad to hear from you. It's like hearing from a long lost relative. You'll always be a part of this family, as will R and J.

Hugs,
Deb

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hello Rita!

Wonderful to see you again. So glad you stopped in to say hi and let us know how you're doing. :flower:

((hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Rita!!!! I love it when the 'ol-schoolers' show up. :smile:

Ever going to make it to Vegas??

Miss you.

Abbey

Fran

Former desparate mom
Rita, it's really good to hear you again. 10yrs is such a long time in the life of a difficult child.
Seems our difficult child's continue to struggle but as you say there is hope and measuring improvements come in baby steps.
Best of luck to your J.

Sunlight

HI there,
I met you 8 yrs ago. I know we have had a lot of talks. are you still a master traveler? is J's dad still around him? glad you sound so at peace, esp since your sig was always to say peace!

DDD

Welcome back, Rita. I, too, am delighted to know that J is coming along well and that your life is better now than it was
before. Guess there is hope for all of us! Sending hugs. DDD

rita

Hi again thanks all last week I saw 3 pms to me I never noticed this feature before so answered but not sure if anyone got them as they were so late. Anyhow so sorry.
Gotta fly to work but will post later. thanks all

ScentofCedar

Hi, Rita!

I came in just as you were leaving the site for awhile, I think.

You would be surprised how often I think of you, and how often I have wondered how things were for you.

It's nice to see you, again.

Barbara

:smile: