Eeyore got in a fight

JJJ

15 years ago our district was embroiled in several law suits from sped parents due to their mistreatment of sped studetns. Three big cases were won by the parents. Bit by bit the district has improved and now most Special Education parents are very happy with our district.

JJJ

Got the call with the sports suspension.....suspended from all practices and both meets before Christmas; may return to the team after break.

Investigation showed pretty consistent witness reports. The other boy was being a 'class clown' and some of his comments were a little mean but no one else felt that they crossed the line into bullying (no threats, etc) and there was general consensus that Eeyore completely overreacted. The other boys seemed stunned that it went from horsing around to violence so quickly.

That fits with Eeyore's MO...lack of perception and quick to go 'worst case scenario'.

Eeyore is in his full difficult child mode right now because I showed up to pick him up after school and his girlfriend's bus hadn't left yet and he wanted me to wait so he could hang out with her for 10 more minutes. Now he's mad because I had the nerve to say I wasn't letting him text her tonight (he normally gets 1 hour of phone time) because he may not speak to me disrespectfully.

Also, the other boy posted about their "cool" fight so he was getting high fives from students in the hall. Ugh, not reinforcing the fighting is wrong message.

(FYI, the other boy got the same punishment but they are having him serve his ISS days after Eeyore since they don't want them in the same room and neither need the more expensive CIBS option.)

buddy

Oh man, still his perception was honest. It is just that darn Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) stuff. poor dude, well you gotter-done.... Now the typical teen stuff with the phone, sigh.
poor mom

InsaneCdn

Also, the other boy posted about their "cool" fight so he was getting high fives from students in the hall. Ugh, not reinforcing the fighting is wrong message.

Hard to capture... but really, those giving the high-fives ALSO need to be hauled on the mat.
AND... the other boy should get extra for posting about it...

DammitJanet

Years ago when Billy was around your sons age he got bullied at school. Things werent done so well then. A kid was mocking him for something and kept hitting him and poking before the teacher came in the room. Actually making physical contact while Billy was either walking to his desk or sitting down. The whole knocking his books out of his hands and onto the floor deal too. Well one day Billy had it and grabbed the broom in the corner of the room and tried to swing it at the kid. Even doing that Billy missed him. Billy cant fight to save his life. He is a very large kid but awkward as all get out. Of course, that is when the teacher came in. Billy was in trouble even though other kids told the teacher these other kids had been torturing him for months. Billy got suspended and threatened with expulsion. Both my mom and I stormed the school. He was going to school down there with her. I was furious because she had taken him off his IEP. She didnt believe in Learning Disability (LD)'s. Ugh. Eventually it blew over but Billy has always been mad over that.