Eeyore update

JJJ

While I still think the school is very good, I am a bit peeved at them at the moment. They held a meeting with Eeyore without letting me know they had scheduled it when I specifically stated that I did not want the meeting held until all of the therapuetic interventions were completed and the adults spoke. Neither conflict resolution nor his outside therapist appointment had happened yet. Eeyore is still under enourmous stress.

We all know damn well that if Eeyore loses it again and punches someone, etc. that I am the one the school will call, that I am the one who will have to deal with it, that I am the one who will have to find a way to pay court costs, etc; that I am the one who has to raise Eeyore through high school and beyond.

So now I am the meany who won't let him return to the team yet, even though they want him to return right away. So I really hope that the social worker and the AD have given the coach their cell numbers so that they can be the ones called to come deal with the next issue and I really hope they have an extra bedroom so when Eeyore needs a place to stay because he screwed up every chance he had to build a good adult life, that they will take him into their homes.

T

TeDo

Wow. I didn't know they could legally do that since he is still a minor. That just makes no sense to me. I would be FURIOUS and let them know in probably not very kind words.

JJJ

Wow. I didn't know they could legally do that since he is still a minor. That just makes no sense to me. I would be FURIOUS and let them know in probably not very kind words.

Public schools have enormous power over our children. Multiple court cases have upheld the schools right to do many things without the consent (or even informing) the parents.

This is because parents can't be trusted to raise their children as well as the government could.

JJJ

Eeyore had a very simple task today. Stay after school for a math review, then take the activity bus home. He said he stayed for the math review but didn't take the activity bus home because he was hanging with his girlfriend.

Guess he won't be rejoining his team this week if he can't follow those two very simple directives...

buddy

Oh man. You need a break here... I just dont get it that people "forget" what a parent says that they went ahead and had the meeting without your consent. And of course Eeyore is not helping his cause at all. sigh. they are their own worst enemies sometimes.

JJJ

I spent the evening on the verge of tears and finally gave in and sobbed. I cannot believe this is my life. I wanted to children to share the excitement of learning, to debate politics, play trivia games and trade books. I got none of that. Instead I got this horrible, horrible life and I want OUT. I am so very very tired.

buddy

we seriously need a difficult child-free cruise (they can ride in a dingy since no one will take care of them)

InsaneCdn

I spent the evening on the verge of tears and finally gave in and sobbed. I cannot believe this is my life. I wanted to children to share the excitement of learning, to debate politics, play trivia games and trade books. I got none of that. Instead I got this horrible, horrible life and I want OUT. I am so very very tired.

JJJ... I understand the "tired". Not so much in the lack-of-sleep tired, although that is there too. But just tired of having to think for everybody else, tired of every single thing being a battle, tired of screaming over the din of insanity...
I've cried too.

{{hugs}}

tiredmommy

{{{JJJ}}}

It's okay to feel bad about things; it's a normal reaction to a very difficult situation. So take tonight and have a good cry because it's so cathartic.

But I know you... and I know that tomorrow you will pull yourself together and go do what you can for your kids.

I wish I were nearby to offer my support in person: wine, chocolate, whatever... I'd be at your door right now.

JJJ

He got in trouble AGAIN. I haven't gotten the call from the school yet but Eeyore sent me a text that he had to meet with the AP again and I should expect a call. He was sent back to class so he must not be suspended again. With Eeyore this could be a huge deal or nothing at all, he has no perspective on life.

husband wants us to put him in a small, all boys military school. (Not an Residential Treatment Center (RTC), just a more supportive, smaller environment) I'd love to....anyone have an extra $40K for the next 4 years???

psychiatrist appointment in 4 hours. Please pray she gives him something, anything to help.

StressedM0mma

JJJ I am so sorry that Eeyore is having such a hard time right now. It is so frustrating. ((Hugs)) I hope they can give him the right medications that will help him.