Eeyore

Wiped Out

Staff member
Just saw this as I haven't been on the board much because of work. Adding in my prayers. Have you heard anything?

JJJ

Sorry, my phone was dying I had to stop posting from ER!

Eeyore was accepted to the local PHP!! He is very crabby and denying that he needs it. When I was waiting for the nurse, I was able to see what the crisis worker wrote up. I have to give her credit, she did get it. Both crisis worker's bedside manner stunk but they did their jobs and got him into PHP.

Eeyore starts tomorrow and I have been trying to drill into his head that if he wants to get out of PHP and back to school that he has to be honest about his issues and actually work on learning the coping skills that they are trying to teach him. I'm going to push hard for a family session on Friday so I can trip him up in his lies and they can start to get to the true issues.

This is such a different feeling than when I went through this with Kanga. To be honest, I never really understood when people were sad about their kids being in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (cause I was ESTATIC for Kanga to go). But I think I get it now. I want Eeyore to get better and be able to have a great rest of the school year.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad she "got it". I know her manner might have stunk, but many of us forget that there are a LOT of parents who think that if their easy child says "I hate my life" then they are suicidal. Or they use the ER and psychiatric admits to deal with typical teen behavior rather than actually be a parent and say no and make no happen. There are a LOT of people who think that their easy child child's tantrum is a rage when most of us would not even realize it was a hissy fit. Many of them also use the ER instead of going to a therapist or psychiatrist or even to a reg doctor or urgent care for every day problems like sore throats. I once listened as a mom had a fit because the ER would not treat her child's lice for her.

We live in a different reality than many many families and those families don't even have a clue that the difficult child world exists - and they think that our difficult children are just a result of our bad parenting. They truly do, and they don't have a clue. THIS is what the crisis worker deals with every day, and it is probably why she may seem so uncaring or idiotic or whatever.

I am THRILLED that Eeyore is going to PHP and I hoep that you can do the family session to help them see his lies and problems so that he can truly be helped. You are an awesome mom and I hope he is able to accept and use the tools they can teach him to have a great year once he is out of the PHP program! And while he is in the PHP program I hope he manages to have a good year too.

JJJ

Day 1 complete! He really liked it and was amazed that I was right that so many other kids have depression! The psychiatrist switched his Celexa to Prozac and we'll see if that helps. He already is doing much better because he sees hope (he is getting help and he is not alone).

StressedM0mma

So glad. My difficult child actually liked PHP when she was there. And, hers was mostly kids with depression as well. I hope he learns good coping skills, and that the Prozac works. I hate the medication switch game. Does he have to wean down, or is it one he can go right to?

JJJ

So glad. My difficult child actually liked PHP when she was there. And, hers was mostly kids with depression as well. I hope he learns good coping skills, and that the Prozac works. I hate the medication switch game. Does he have to wean down, or is it one he can go right to?

He switching directly to Prozac in the morning. I guess cause they are both SSRIs he can just switch.

StressedM0mma

That is great that he can just switch right over. Weaning down is so hard. I really hope that the Prozac works. I have heard from a lot of parents that it has worked wonders for their teens.