Emancipation

TerryJ2

Sigh.

In many ways, she sounds like my 82-yr-old cousin. Just because she wants something, it must be right. Never mind how impossible it is.

Hang in there!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well c'mon now!!! I WANT to win the lottery, I WANT to move somewhere tropical but still have my friends and family close, I WANT a mint condition '67 Mustang for under a grand, I WANT to lose a lot of weight without changing my eating habits or exercising.

blink

You mean none of that will happen?????

susiestar

Roll With It
Yes, 'Stang, those things WILL happen - when YOU are Queen of the Universe!!

My mom started doing this with us and herself when we were teens - want something impossible or think something MUST be changed because your opinion is just, well, RIGHT? It will be YOURS - when YOU are Queen of the Universe or King of the Universe.

It let us accept that it wasn't going to happen and was a lot more empathetic than "When pigs fly. Get over it.", lol!

I hope that Kanga gets to go first. Will the old staff be able to be there? Any of them? Just to give some perspective on how out of touch she truly is (about this and about all the sex stuff and that other kids think she is gross because it and she thinks they love that she did it/tried it and respect her. in my opinion it will be a real awakening for the therapist when he really sees this!