Embarrassing question...

Abbey

Spork Queen
My difficult child gets it too. I've never in my life had it so this was new for me. We saw a show about it on Oprah. Was one of the ones with Dr Oz. He suggested boiling tea and soaking your feet in it.
Cured her in 2 days.

Regular tea? I'll have to check out Oprah's site.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Could it be Psoriasis? My Brother had this and I remember my Adopted Dad yelling at him about Athletes Foot, but never being able to cure it, later finding out it was Psoriasis... WHich has different Treaments.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I figure I'm probably going to urinate on my feet and slippers enough when I get older - Good to know in advance I can rid myself of athletes feet at the nursing home. One less thing to worry about in the twilight years.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry the doctor appointment needs to be avoided if at all possible. Do you have a doctor you can call?

I have psoriasis, and it first appeared on my feet. The bottoms beel off in big sheets and chunks. Years and years later we figured it out. I spent many years doing foot creams and sprays.

If you have not tried cortisone cream it may be worth a shot. It may burn at first, or not. The problem is in using it long term, because it makes the skin thinner.

I hope it can be cleared up quickly. I would pass on the urine thing also. It doesn't sound plausible, esp in shower where the running water would dilute it SOOOOO much.

A natural foods store might have treatments that help?

Hugs,

Susie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Star...such optimism. :tongue:

Never thought about psoriasis. Done some limited checking online and it doesn't seem to match, but who knows.

Day two of Tea Tree Oil. Time will tell!

Abbey

Old Marine Corps treatment for boot rot is to pee on your feet. Gross but it is sterile coming out.

Wash, dry then fluff your feet with some corn starch.

A soothing cream that works wonders if you can find it is "Comfrey Cream". As an alternative, if you have access to fresh comfrey make a poultice and apply to feet a couple of times a day.

nvts

Abbey! How are the piggees doin'? My sister was shoulder surfin' and said to tell you to take paper towels and wipe lemon juice on your feet. It kills the fungus and the pain at the same time. It takes about 3 days.

Personally, I think the fungus sees the yellow and thinks you pee'd on your feet and runs away!

:slap::itching:

Beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Too funny, Beth.:rofl:

Honestly, they don't seem a lot better...but not a lot worse. I'm on day 4 of the Tea Tree Oil and probably have enough left for 2 more days. I've also been soaking in just regular tea when I read or watch TV. If no improvement then, I'll try the vinegar, maybe with a splash of lemon. ;)

My LAST resort before going to a doctor is the garlic method.:please: I'm sure my house (and me) will smell lovely.

Thanks for all the great ideas!! Keep em' coming. I've always known that *I* am stubborn, but evidently not as much as my toes!

Abbey

witzend

What happened with the vinegar soaks? If it's Athlete's Foot, it's a definite cure. And at $2 a bottle you can't go wrong!:money:

Too funny, Beth.:rofl:

Honestly, they don't seem a lot better...but not a lot worse. I'm on day 4 of the Tea Tree Oil and probably have enough left for 2 more days. I've also been soaking in just regular tea when I read or watch TV. If no improvement then, I'll try the vinegar, maybe with a splash of lemon. ;)

My LAST resort before going to a doctor is the garlic method.:please: I'm sure my house (and me) will smell lovely.

Thanks for all the great ideas!! Keep em' coming. I've always known that *I* am stubborn, but evidently not as much as my toes!

Abbey

Sara PA

When my father was in the service, jock itch and athletes foot were treated with a solution of salicylic acid (5%) and alcohol. We used that for years until the antifungal creams came out. But this site says it's good to use before applying the cream (in addition to a whole lot of other good information and pictures!). Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent contains 2% salicylic acid. I use it a lot on my feet.

DammitJanet

Amazing how many things they say you can cure with your own urine! At least this you only have to pee on your feet, some want you to drink it...ick, ewww!