Emily is Now in Surgery

J

joneshockey

Boy did we have a HORRIBLE night... she was awake and in alot of pain most of the night. I think that I only got a total of 2 hours of sleep all night (most of it in 15 minute incriments)... My mom has been up here most of the day so I have been able to nap some. Emily seems a bit better this afternoon too... she hasnt had morphine since 9 AM and she has just been taking Tylnol with Codine... It is looking like we won't be out of here until AT LEAST tomorrow, we will see how it goes. Please keep your fingers crossed that I am able to get mucj more sleep tonight!

Cindy

I will post more when I get the chance.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry she was in so much pain last night! That's just awful -- did they not give her anything to make her more comfortable?

Grab sleep whenever you can. Hope she's feeling better tomorrow so you can both go home.

DDD

Sending caring hugs your way. Having a child in pain is the ultimate stressor. Here's hoping that each day and night quickly improves. DDD

Jody

Cindy, I am glad to hear she is doing better. I am sorry you had an awful night, it is so hard when babies are in pain and you can't do anything about it. I know you are looking forwrd to going home. Hang in there, and thanks for keeping us updated!!!!

J

joneshockey

She had been taking Morphine but now has been switched to just tylnol with- codine... she seems to be doing ok with it however it wears off before the 6 hours in up --- we will see if we can continue without the morphine when it gets closer to bed time. She also continues to not eat much so they have increased her fluids from 5 ml/hr. to 20 ml/hr. to try to increase her output. She also still has her 2 cathiters as well (which hopefully will be removed tomorrow). I am just thankful that she seems to be resting more comfortably this afternoon, lets hope it continues into the night! I will post again sometime soon!

Cindy

trinityroyal

So glad to hear that the surgery went well, but so very sorry about Emily's pain. Poor little girl. Hoping that things settle down, the tylenol/codeine eases her pain and you're able to get some sleep. Saying prayers and sending healing thoughts your way.

Trinity

TerryJ2

I'm glad it's over.
And I hope Emily never remembers it! Of course, you will.
I'm sending healing thoughts, too, and hoping you get lots of sleep.

J

joneshockey

Emily continues to improve. Both of her cathaders have been removed and she is now only hooked up to her ivs and heart monitor. She continues to have moderate to minor pain so continues to take the tylneol with- codein. We are kind of in a holding patern because she hasnt been interested in eating much, so we will be staying another night. If all continues to go well we should be sprung somtime tomorrow morning.

Cindy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds as if her recovery is progressing well. A good sign.

The appetite issues are most likely due to the pain medications. They tend to make you sleepy not hungry.

I hope she continues to do well. You and lil Emily are always in my thoughts as well as my prayers.

Hugs

DDD

Great progress report. Fingers crossed that the progress continues. Don't be too eager for the trip home. It can be scarey with-o the support personnel. Hugs. DDD

J

joneshockey

We FINALLY arrived home today around 4:00... Emily seems to be feeling somewhat better since she now occassionally smiles. She hasnt needed any pain medications since last night either. I am still a bit concerned since she isn't too much interested in eating. The dr. seems to think that it is because her belly is still pretty full of gas and he thinks it may be giving her a "full" type feeling. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it improves pretty soon since she hasnt eaten much since Monday. The dr. was very happy that she isnt having much drainage out her side tube and plans on removing it Monday afternoon. I will keep everyone updated over the weekend --- Thanks for all your kind words of support during this stressful time.

Cindy