Emily Update

J

joneshockey

Well... the decision has been made - her urologist is putting her in the hospital to receive IV antibotics :( I am now in a mad scramble to get everything ready and my life somewhat in order --- YIKES! I will be posting periodic updates as time allows. I have my work laptop so I will have easy access to the internet :) Please keep her in your prayers!

Cindy

Steely

OH that really stinks.....I really, really hope that in this hospital stay they can come up with a proactive plan so that she will be able to take something at home. So sorry! Hang in there.

DDD

I'm so sorry to read your update. Of course her wellbeing is the top priority but it's such a shame that your whole family must face this trauma. Fingers crossed that somehow they figure out how to achieve an appropriate balance in her health plan. As always sending prayers and caring thoughts to you all. DDD

L

Liahona

I'm sorry. Baby in the hospital is so stressful. I hope she gets better soon.

J

joneshockey

We are now pretty much settled in for the night, however we are still waiting for someone from PICU to come in and start her IV... I didnt want to chance someone trying without the best of the best, since they often have a VERY difficult time starting it. It is looking like we will be staying 5 days or so... which isn't good since I can't be missing so much work :( I think that I am going to TRY to go into work every other day while she is in since my mom offered to come and stay with her while I work, but I guess that it will just depend on how she is doing and weather or not I can leave her! I am sure everything will work out fine but I am still stressed to the max! I am sad that I will have to miss B1's first award from boy scouts tomorrow night... I guess I am just reflecting right now on how much my boys have sacrificed for their little sister. Emily went for a ultrasound shortly after we arrived here tonight, so I will be anxious to hear if it shows anything... They also are repeating the urine culture since the first one didnt show anything --- which the doctors. know was a hoax or something since she had mucus again this morning. The urologist is also thinking about getting another bladder scan on her as well. We shall see... I will keep everyone posted as things progress.

Cindy

tiredmommy

You make to sure to tell B1 that he will have all his board aunties there in spirit with him tomorrow night. We love him (& his brother) and are very proud of him. Especially for being such a wonderful brother and son! {{{Hugs}}}

I hope someone gets there from the PICU soon.

L

Liahona

Babies can be so hard to get a vein. The last time someone had to draw blood on easy child 3 they used lidocaine cream. If you can get them to use that it'll take a lot of stress off of starting the IV. Don't know if they would since its an IV and not a blood draw. We've also had to get someone from the NICU to start it before as well.

Yeah, we've had lots of experience with babies in hospitals as well. Really stinks. Hope they find the vein the first time and it doesn't roll.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Babies can be so hard to get a vein.

Oh, how well I know. Lidocaine helps, a lot. But there is a special device they use to "see" the veins that is fabulous. You might want to ask if they have one available they can use. If our dinky lil hospital out in the boonies has them, odds are this one does.

I hope you don't have to miss much work, sweet of your mom to stay with her so you can go to work. Keeping body parts crossed and still praying.

Hugs

J

joneshockey

We made it thru night #1... they didnt come in to start the IV until 11:30 last night! It is sounding like they are going to do a bladder x-ray on Thursday. Nothing else has been determined yet.