Emily Update

J

joneshockey

Hello All! Sorry that it has been so long since I have posted here... my life has been very busy as of late! Emily continues to have issues with Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) infections but has not had to be hospitalized since the end of October. She is getting soo big - she turned 9 months just this past Thursday. She is crawling all over the place and is quite the explorer. Over the Christmas holiday she was scheduled for an MRI with- sedation to check the "stump" length from her previous surgery, since this is still the source of all of her infections. They were not able to run the test that day because they could not get an IV on her (yet, again... she was dehydrated and her veins would just blow once they tried to thread the catheter) - they tried 5 times!! It was a pretty horrific experience. I have to take her back on MLK day (Jan. 16) where they are going to put her under general anesthesia to do the test. Emily has been quite the challenge when it comes to getting her to eat anything off of a spoon... she won't eat any type of baby food at all - we have started her on low potassium table foods, such as: blueberries, strawberries, cheerios, chicken, raspberries and we are also TRYING to get her to eat veggies like green beans and carrots. I will try to post the 9 month pictures i took of her so that you can see how big she has really gotten! Check out her latest pictures at www.photobucket.com/joneshockey

Cindy

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Thank you for the update!!! I was thinking about you just a bit ago... I'm glad she's doing well, and YOU, TOO!

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks for the update! I am sorry she continues to struggle with dehydration, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)'s and the MRI was so awful. She sure has had a tough road, but she is a strong, smart girl and will triumph.

Not sure if you have seen/tried the feeder thingies that let you put solid food into a mesh bag and the kid just gnaws on them, but they sound pretty awesome except for the mess. Thinking of the mess reminds me of when Wiz was little. He thought that EVERYONE ate popsicles and ice cream bars in the bathtub!! We gave him those during bathtime because he got them EVERYWHERE, lol.

they also have things that look like bottles but baby food goes into them. The baby gets the green beans or whatever and doesn't have the whole spoon issue. the tongue has to work totally different to eat from a spoon so it can be a real challenge to kids.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
There is my beautiful niece! Those eyes!! OMG!

She's getting sooooo big! 9 months already?? wow!

I'll keep fingers crossed she does well for the MRI.

Hugs