Empty nest party for Nancy.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hopefully everything went through as planned. I figure Nancy, husband, and difficult child are finishing up with unpacking in the dorm right about now. Hopefully the school has a social event scheduled for the incoming freshman that difficult child can/will attend tonight so that Nancy and husband can have the evening to themselves.

While we are waiting for an update, I suggest we host a "Welcome to Empty Nest" party for Nancy and her husband. I've made a few pitchers of frozen margaritas and called the DJ (Abbey?) to be here by 6 to crank up the celebratory music.

Care to join me?

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
A spa treatment is ordered to relieve the stress.
Life will begin again at the Nancy family house.

Kathy813

Staff member
Count me in! Congratulations, Nancy. Welcome to the world of peace and quiet. It is a wonderful place to be.

So, what are we drinking?:wine:

~Kathy

everywoman

I'm in. I'm bringing my new favorite snack---roasted red pepper humus and wheat crackers. Nancy I can feel the sigh of relief from here.

svengandhi

I am SO jealous - I have 2 in college but will not be an empty nester till 2017.

Hope difficult child likes school and this is the start of her new, improved life.

DammitJanet

Im late but Im here!!! I stopped on the way and picked up a party platter with fried wings, jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheese, fried green tomatoes, stuffed mushroom caps, and bacon wrapped scallops.

I also stole the party decorations from my doctors office!

BusynMember

Oh, Nancy!!!! Lucky you! I always thought I'd want kids around until I dropped dead, but I've totally burned out.

Congrats on this new "peace and quiet" faze of your life!!!! I'm jealous! :tongue:

N

Nomad

I do hope it all works out well!!!
Love the idea of the spa treatment.
Thinking good thoughts.
You are on your way!!!
Be happpppppyyyyyy!!!!!!!:D

busywend

WAHOO!! Happy empty nest time! I hope it lasts forever! LOL!

Party time!

I am jealous - I wish my difficult child could have gotten into a college where she could live on campus. It just is not feasible at the community college -I just hope she actually goes! LOL!

WAHOO!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nancy,

I brought you slippers. Some really nice comfortable slippers. I brought you a bathrobe - the ones from BB&B - the really plush nice ones. I got some very nice cucumber slices for your eyes, and some relaxing sounds of waves ebbing and flowing while you are having your massage, and a margarita...

After that? If you dip the cucumbers into the slippers while drinking the margaritas and run up and down the hall without the bathrobe yelling and waving? You have deserved it and the rest of us will just pretend we don't notice. :tongue: (or join you depending on how many slipper filled margaritas WE have had)

Hopefully by then I've had enough Humus crackers and have sobered up. ;) -

CONGRATULATIONS FOR SURVIVING. THIS DAY COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED TO A NICER MOM.

Nancy

Thank you all for throwing a great and much needed party.

The margarita's went down so smoothly Suz and the DJ played all my favorite tunes (thanks Abbey).

MLA the chips and salsa were scrumptious and I was so glad difficult child wasn't here to eat them all before me.

The spa will have to wait a few days Fran but oh boy will it feel good when it gets here.

Kathy we are drinking anything anyone wants.

The cake was devine RM, chocolate is my favorite.

EW the red pepper humus was so tasty and I think that may be my favorite for a while.

svengandhi, I hope you get here soon, actually it's not an empty nest yet since she's only in college and we have no idea how long that will last but it's empty today and that's all I care about right now.

Janet the party platter was wonderful. I washed the jalapeno peppers down with lots and lots of margaritas. And the party hats were so cute, but I'm sorry I ended up wearing all of the streamers that you so carefully hung.

MWM burned out is exactly how I feel, hope you get some relief soon too.

Thanks for the encouragement Nomad and Lia.

Busy I hear you. Quite honestly we were amazed that difficult child got into college and thought that community college was more in her future but we needed a break so badly that it's worth it to us to have her live away for the time being.

KTMom, the quesadillas and tequila just about put me under the table but boy were they good.

Star, thank you for not noticing the cucumber dopped slippers and and naked wild lady running around swinging the bathrobe overhead.

And now today, after waking up with a humdinger of a hangover, I began the first layer of cleaning in difficult child's room. Stripped the bed, put all the clothes away, picked up the trash on the floor, washed the dried pop off the nightstand, tried to sponge clean the pop off the carpet to no avail. It will take a long time to go through all the layers in that room. The next step is to try to take off the door hinge, fill the oversized screw hole with toothpicks and glue and try to reset the door so it isn't hanging off the wall.

You have all been so wonderful. I know it isn't over yet and this is just a short diversion, but it has given me a taste of what life is without chaos and I don't ever want to go back there.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Katya, you didn't miss the party. Trust me, I need a good party this weekend so I'll join you and pour some margaritas for both of us!

Nancy, what are your plans this weekend?

Suz

Nancy

Oh no Katya the party continues into the weekend so pull up a chair or bar stool and join in.

Suz I met husband for dinner again tonight. My sister called easy child and told her she thinks I need some limits put on our behavior so it doesn't get out of comtrol. We're meeting sister in law and brother in law downtown for dinner tomorrow night and then to the Cleveland Browns exhibition game. Sunday is up for grabs right now, I think husband is thinking golf.

difficult child sent a text today asking if I put money on her laundry card. I said no, she would have to take money out of her bank account and do that.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending crinkly cellophane -

That way when you get a phone call you can crumple it up and yell loudly "Im sorry HONEY WE MUST BE IN A DEAD ZONE I'LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK LATER."

And I guess you could use it when she is texting you- I've never texted. I'm a text virgin. :tongue: