Empty nest party for Nancy.

witzend

The next step is to try to take off the door hinge, fill the oversized screw hole with toothpicks and glue and try to reset the door so it isn't hanging off the wall.

I hate to admit that got quite the chuckle out of me!

N

Nomad

Plans this past weekend sound lovely!!!!

The recent post about difficult children Facebook...gave me the chills.

You are a brave soul...I do like your attitude.

Sending good thoughts for happiness, wisdom and strength.

:D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, well better late than never -- I'm wandering into this fiesta and bringing some pomegranate-lime martinis :) Some gooey hot artichoke cheese dip with an assortment of crackers. And an ice-cold watermelon -- sweet and juicy.

The layers of crud in your difficult child's room sound very much like my difficult child 1's "pit". Hope you have some industrial strength tools at your disposal to get the job done!

Enjoy the peace and quiet :D

Nancy

Looks like the toothpick trick may work on the hinge. I tested out one hole and I'm waiting for the rest to dry now. I would have to rip up the carpeting and redo all the walls and woodwork to really make the room acceptable, but little by little I am clearing out the crud.

I defriended all the relatives from her facebook account. I don't need the entire family shocked at her language or talk about her partying.

Kathy you are right. I told husband I want the apartment picked out by December.

Nancy

svengandhi

Nancy -

I decided to stop by - my nest is temporarily empty. Oldest boy is at girlfriend's house - he is starting community college for the second time (different college) tomorrow. Youngest boy is at a friend's house and H is at the range with the 2 middle boys.

I am having a strawberry margarita and some of those chips with my H's yummy homemade salsa that I brought along to replenish the stock.

How far away is difficult child's school? My easy child's is like an 8 hour car ride.

Nancy

Oh how I wish it was 8 hours away. It's only about an hour.

Enjoy the salsa and margarita and peace for the time being.

Nancy

rejectedmom

You have all been so wonderful. I know it isn't over yet and this is just a short diversion, but it has given me a taste of what life is without chaos and I don't ever want to go back there.

I totally know that feeling! It feels so good to just be able to breathe in your own home. Enjoy! -RM

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy, it's a victory just surviving "teenagedom" with our kids. Tasting the good/peaceful/emptynest life is what helps give us the strength to say NO MORE later.

I'm proud of you- you did it!

Suz