Ended up in the ER last night.

InsaneCdn

Anyone know if its normal to feel lightheaded and nauseated after fainting? I don't feel very well today. And I seem to be a bit off balance.

Immediately after, maybe.
Anything longer than that... I'd say its part of the cause of the faint, and not the result of the faint.

But... if that head-bump was bad enough, THAT is a whole different story. Results of a concussion, maybe?

DS3

Immediately after, maybe.
Anything longer than that... I'd say its part of the cause of the faint, and not the result of the faint.

But... if that head-bump was bad enough, THAT is a whole different story. Results of a concussion, maybe?

I still have a pretty good bump on the back of my head. They didn't say I had a concussion, although I don't understand why they didn't. I landed on hard tile from a standing position.

FlowerGarden

I have neurally mediated syncope (blood pressure drops). I get the same symptoms plus chest pain. I can get an episode standing or sitting. Also, going in and out of air conditioning. I was told to use salt and to carry a water bottle with me all the time to stay hydrated. Hope you find out what is causing it real soon.

DS3

I just wish I knew when I would go back to feeling 'normal'. I'm tired of seeing the room spin, feeling drained and overly tired, as well as having a hard time concentrating or paying attention. I cannot wait to see the doctor tomorrow. Who knew that would ever come out of me. LOL. At least part of the humor is still there.

DS3

Not expecting. Don't know about the inner ear. They did say I had a cut on the inside of my one ear and that I needed to see an ENT. It was already on the referral request list I've done up. I've been having a hard time hearing and wanted a hearing test, and since the fall they noticed the cut. No one really knows how it got there. Almost had another 'episode' tonight as I was sitting and talking with the hubby. Got the fuzzy feeling and what not, but it didn't get as bad as it normally does. Something's not right. Just need to figure out what.

Star*

call 911........call 911
When I had MY seizure? I got very hot, I got tunnel vision, I had this funky out of body experience (it has a name but I forget what they call it - I could see myself but I was floating above myself) and the it felt like someone cracked me in the back of the legs with a whip. (and sadly I do know what that feels like for real) Then I hit the floor but didn't let go of the grocery cart with my hands. I had chest pains, and got what I can only tell you felt like tunnel hearing - I could hear but it sounded as if everyone was being heard through a box.

I thought I was having a heart attack. DF got me to a chair in the grocery store.....I sat down - my face was flush - beet red -----It took me a while to get my eyes focused, and my hearing back - I still had chest pains and an hour later we went to the ER. My blood pressure was up - not ridiculous. (I've had extreme HPB with crippling migraines that was in stroke range like - 210 over something) and felt like my head was going to blow off. But this was different. My chest just felt very very tight. It happened twice........on the way to the ER's back room - I fell again.

When I woke up? I had an IV in my arm and they said I had suffered a stroke. Nothing crippling or debilitating....but it was scary. I was given atavan, and put on something for my nerves and sent to a neuro - which actually worked out great for me because he addressed a lot of issues I had - anemia (severe) and migraines (chronic and crippling) - I also was put on an anti-seizure medicaiton for the migraines and it's been like a new life since - so for me it was a blessing in disguise.

I hope they get to the bottom of your problem quickly. (My seizure?) The stress of my son facing 30 years in prison for burglary at age 16 - and we would find out later he was NEVER in the homes - just a patsy that stood at the stop sign telling the other two kids - the coast was clear. He was also the only one that was convicted. The other two loves were already ON probation for ------burglary. The policeman/detective lied to us about so many things I will never again trust an officer, judge or attorney even IF it's in writing.

Get a physical - a complete one Ds3 - We need you and care about you!~

DS3

It has never woken me from a sleep. I just want to sleep all the time now. The only time I actually feel like 'me' is for about an hour after I wake up. Then all I want to do is go back to bed. I go to the docs today and am going to request the cardiologist as well as a neurologist. Hopefully between the two they will be able to figure something out. Hubby is very concerned. Especially if it ends up being something big. Cause then he'll have to find a different job. I don't think it will come to that. Just may take some time to figure out. I'll let you know how I make out later. doctor appointment is around 1030 MST. Don't know how long it will take or what they will do. Wish me luck.

BusynMember

I don't know if this helps, but I used to wake up with serious vertigo sometimes and would have trouble with balance at times too and almost passed out. Turns out I have calcium deposits in my inner ear! Also, the numbness in your arm...have you had an MRI? Do you maybe get trans ischemic attacks? They are mini-strokes. After they go away you feel fine, but then you are at risk for a full blown stroke. May be worth it to have them look at your brain, just in case.

Hugs and hope you feel better soon.

DS3

So I don't know much right now. They ordered a stress test, pulmonary function test, allergy test, and an x-ray of my chest. I got the x-ray done today, and have to go for blood work first thing Monday morning. That's when I can call and set up the rest of the tests as well. Still feel a bit funky, but he did manage to rule out inner ear with some simple tests. So at least we're headed down the right path. I just can't wait to feel better then this. Don't know how I'm suppose to keep up with difficult child's appointments and what not after hubby returns to work. I don't trust myself driving so he's been doing all of it. Guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes. Hopefully by then we have some answers and I feel better.

buddy

Hoping for answers.... thinking of you {{{hugs}}} (strap a pillow around your head for a while ok? or maybe one on your butt and a helmet)

Star*

call 911........call 911
THinking of you ----hoping for a simple answer and a relatively simpler diagnoses......with an easy cure. Like - GET SOME REST and NO ONE STRESS OUT THE MOM......yeah something like that. Or take two diamonds and call me next week when I'm back from the Galapagos Islands.

DS3

So I go for my bloodwork and my stress test tomorrow. I'm also going to change my primary care manager (since I don't like the one I have) to someone I do like. So wish me luck. Going to be a rough morning. No coffee and no tobacco. Yuck.