Esther - Check in please - RUOK?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I saw on CNN where fighting has broken out in Beirut - I did not know which end of Israel you were in, but surely it's scary.

You're in my prayers.

Estherfromjerusalem

Star, you are so kind to think of me, but don't worry. Beirut is in Lebanon, and Israel's border (on the north) with Lebanon is very tightly closed and patrolled, so we don't have to worry on that score.

Today we celebrated Israel's Independence Day. It is a wild day, preceded by our national Remembrance Day for all those who have fallen in Israel's wars, as well as for those killed in terror attacks. That was yesterday, and it was a very sobering day. And then last night, we go from mourning and sadness, into joy and celebrations. It has been a lovely day, with bands and singing and dancing and fireworks, and today people going on trips (not me, I prefer to stay off the roads) and lots of barbecuing (yes me, in our garden, with lots of people, family and friends). Our airforce did a fly-past throughout the country, with a really big display on the Tel Aviv shore which I saw on TV.

It has been a lovely day, now I have to get back into the old work routine. Boo hoo!

Thanks for asking,

Love, Esther

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - heart in the right place - geography in the wrong place. lol

Glad to hear you're having a peaceful day.