Esther-Just checking on you and your family.

DDD

I am so glad to read your update. This morning in the midst of hearing some dire news about the conflict I was shocked to see that the young people are posting on facebook and evidently using Twitter etc. as they do their civic duty. My gosh I just can't get over the instant access to pictures and happenings even in circumstances of war. Although it sounds odd...I found myself feeling better about your situation looking at the youngsters smiling and talking. Back in the day, of course, the only news available was released by the governments involved. Now I gather we will be having front row seats to what's happening. Strange. Prayers coming your way for you and yours. DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

Can you believe this? My grandsons occasionally post on our family WhatsApp on our mobile phones, so we "talk" to them and they "talk" to us. It's comforting. Now it is beginning to look as if there might be a ceasefire before it gets much worse. They are all hyped up to go in so they will be disappointed (!), but we of course will be relieved.
Thanks again all of you for your concern. I think it looks much much worse from far away. Here we are all calm and life carries on as normal (except for the people in the south).
Love, Esther

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So glad you're safe. Hope the cease fire happens. Thanks so much for the update. Keeping you all in my prayers.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Keeping you in my prayers. Technology is good for us i guess...lol. I sure wish we lived in a world we didnt have to worry about such things.

lovemysons

Thinking of you sweet Esther and glad you all are safe.

Geez, the things you all have to just "live with".
Hugs and Love,
LMS

Star*

call 911........call 911
טםו שרק ןמ צט פרשטקרד צט כרןקמג - פקשבק שך'שטד שמג ךםהק - דאשר

Estherfromjerusalem

Oh my goodness! I must say, it is really lovely to see Hebrew letters on this page, but Star, I hate to disappoint you, but it came out as gobbledigook. Please write it again because I would love to see what you are saying in Hebrew. ThreeShadows and Nancy, you really made me laugh "dittoing" it.

You are all very kind thinking of us. Because I am very careful to keep the rules of our "family" I am not going to comment in any way on what is going on in the South of Israel and in Gaza. Although of course I do have very strong opinions, but I shall keep them to myself.

Actually, besides worrying about the grandsons in the army, my family is very very busy at the moment organising a surprise 70th birthday party for my husband. I say "surprise," but I know he knows something is "up." It's going to be on Thursday evening, we have hired a small hall, we are self-catering it, and it is a lot of work and organisation. My kids are supposed to be organising it, but a lot of the work is falling on me (and also a lot of the funding). Tomorrow my husband is out all day long, from 7 in the morning until 4, and that is my opportunity to get my cooking and baking done for "the party." 45 of the invitees are our children and grandchildren etc. (although a couple won't be there -- they won't let them out of the army for that!!), and the rest are friends of husband's. We will be between 70 and 80 people, and the children have prepared a whole programme for the evening, and one of my daughters has done one of those beautiful computer albums which they will present to him. 70 pages of photographs and messages! I can't wait to see it. I just hope no work comes pouring in, because I've cleared my desk and should be free to prepare stuff (when husband isn't around!).

Amazing -- I think difficult child (in Australia for almost two years now) is actually sorry not to be around for this festivity. He is in constant contact with us and with his siblings on our mobile phones on the WhatsApp group (which is free), and also on Skype. I think the time is coming near to update about him, but not here. He is doing OK on the other side of the world.

OK, I'm going to bed (it's 2:15 in the morning).

Love, Esther