Ethics mtg....I'm overwhelmed

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
There is an ethics mtg this afternoon regarding husband's last wishes & furthering treatment plan.

I'm once again, going to make known what husband would & wouldn't want in terms of being kept alive & under what circumstances. We discussed it in great detail when my mother died 2 years ago (Monday was the anniversary of her passing).

I've discussed this with husband's parents & his younger sister & all trust me to make husband's wishes known. The DNR remains - I'm asking now for DNI. Let his body decide when/if it will survive.

husband woke for a bit yesterday while his sister visited & said a few words. The first in almost 3 weeks.

I am asking that you all stand beside me this afternoon while I tell all the MDs, the SW, the chaplain, the non religious person & whoever is else happens to show up from husband's treatment team what husband's wishes were & hope it is heard. This is the hardest mtg of my life - I'm trying to protect what husband would want & my family.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I will be standing there by you, with my arm firmly around you in support as you go through this. Many, many hugs for you for having the strength and courage to be a warrior wife, no matter how much this hurts.

klmno

You have 100% of my support and are in my thoughts daily. I'm so glad that his family is supporting you through this as well. I'm just sorry that you have to go through it and be the strong one for everyone else, too.

Linda,

I'm standing right beside you and praying as hard as I can that everyone at the meeting listens and does exactly what you tell them your husband would want them to do under these circumstances.

Sending you lots of strength to get you through this... As always praying for you and your family... WFEN

SRL

We're here for you Linda, as always. I'm praying that you will be able to communicate his wishes clearly and that you will be heard.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I will help you stand and support you for as long as you need.
Stay strong.
This to shall pass...

Lothlorien

I know that you will have the strength to get through this. You've had a lot of practice with meetings about the tweedles. You are stronger than you realize, Linda. Your body might not be, but your mind certainly is. I will still say a prayer and keep you in my heart today.

N

Nomad

Your thoughts seem solid to me, even under very difficult circumstances.
I am so sorry you are going through such difficulties.
My thoughts and prayers are with you...standing by you as you requested.

trinityroyal

Standing beside and behind you, sending strength and support, and saying prayers.
You are an incredibly strong woman Linda, and you will get through this.
Trinity

dreamer

I'm sorry you have to go thru this. I had to w first husband...i don't envy you. its hard. my prayers with you.

B

butterflydreams

I am there with you every step of the way too. I know how hard it is for you. I was asked those questions about my husband before he died, however, before I could even answer he coded and they were not able to bring him back.

Sending many hugs to you and offering support and strength.

Christy

TerryJ2

Absolutely, Linda. You are a loving, compassionate, intelligent person. I only hope I have someone like you at my side when the time comes.
I hope that your husband remains pain free and comfortable.
{{hugs}}

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hugs Linda. We're all behind you with our arms under yours, holding you up and giving you a solid wall of support to lean back on. I wasn't sure which way they were leaning from you post but hopefully the docs and other committee members listen and go with your (husband's) wishes.