Ever feel like you live in Clown-Town?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Or a loony-bin... same thing I guess!

Tonight K was having her usual overworked extra amped end of the night cycling. Ended in a huge rage, breaking things.
Her anxiety going sky high, which released a bunch of stuff about her fears about going to Chicago...:(

Any way, as I am walking over to her room to see if husband needed relief, N was in the bathroom, "brushing her teeth".
I look in on her and she has her underwear on her head and is singing, "Oh, I'm a pirate, I'm a pirate, DAR!"
She had them pulled down so far so that her little face was peeking out one of the leg holes!
No pants on, just a t-shirt... She is standing on her little stool watching herself in the mirror.
I just stood there laughing so hard.
On the one side I can hear K screaming, nonsenses about life death etc...
Then on the other this sweet little kid with her undies on her head singing about being a pirate!

Some days you just have to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Marguerite

A house full of difficult children can be an ordeal, or a lot of fun. All at the same time.

I remember when we took delivery of a washing machine and the boys took over the box. They put cushions inside it and then cut a small hole in one side, so they could climb into the box, lounge on the cushions with the flaps closed at the top - and watch TV through the little hole. difficult child 1 was even doing his homework in the box...

Later I went into the laundry where I was doing my first load of washing in the new froont-loader. I found both boys sitting on the floor in front of the washing machine, watching the clothes go round and round, round and round, their little heads tilting in unison, this way and that, this way and that.
difficult child 1 spoke up. "I don't know why," he said, "but I find this strangely compelling."

Marg

house of cards

It didn't take our family long to adjust to meltdowns and keep up with what we are doing. Kinda scary we adjusted so well.

N sounds so adorable, glad she supplied some good comic relief.

Mattsmom277

ROFLMAO That's hilarious!!!!

I think we all have memories like that. My easy child is slower than a turtle in the morning. With 4 sharing one bathroom, its a challenge to move her along. Then I'll pass the door and she'll be sitting on the toilet singing the sweetest made up songs all happy to start her day. We have a policy now, in order to not ruin her as the morning person she is (we are NOT morning people, only her) to let her have 5 minutes of her joyful singing before we start hammering the door demanding our time in there to get ready for our day lol.

I love the washing machine box story too. Kids are so great for smiles :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
The total secret that many dentists did NOT want you to know.

Put your underpants on your head and sing the pirate song. :bigsmile:

(slaps head) Going to my next dentist appointment with my granny panties on my head singing "YO-HO-YO-HO a pirates life for meeeeeeeee."

:geek:

Star*

call 911........call 911
ps. I don't know if it qualifies for Clown Town, but I did live 2 miles from the Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Clown college.

Lets just say a drive through their campus at lunch time was - interesting.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You mean...!??

Are you saying...?!??!

Are you telling me...????

DO YOU MEAN THAT'S NOT NORMAL!???!??!

OMG, I had no idea....

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I put up a household ordinance-
"That all must wear underpants on one's heads, when brushing one's teeth. Or when one is feeling the least bit out of sorts. Non-compliance will result in the kissy monster or huggy machine"

Marg I love that story

Star* only you...

I am amazed how you do just function with these things going on around at times. I forget at some psychiatrist's apts to bring up some very important things because I am so used to it all.
Luckily she lives with a difficult child as well.

Andy

"Sit!" "Butt down!" "Butt down!" "Sit!" "Butt down" "Good Girl!"

The kids are in the other room working at trying to get diva puppy to sit correctly!

Yep! Clown-Town at this moment! Hey, but atleast they are working TOGETHER!

:rofl: