Ever Have Someone Say Something And You Don't Quite Know What It Means?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't have a "me" vehicle. It's varied over the years depending on what I could afford, (in the early years) what I could repair myself, and what my hauling and driving needs are.

For the last 12 years, it's been SUVs. Not so much for the haulage, but because they give me much better visibility, and since I buy AWD/4WD, awesome traction in snow and mud.

Now traction like that was a necessity in Rhinelander where it wasn't uncommon to wake up to 2' of snow on top of what had fallen 2 days ago, and not all the outlying roads were paved.

Here in SE WI, we don't usually get dumps of snow like that, but roads get slushy and slippery and the torque and AWD are nice for getting away from stops in a straight line and holding on to the road in turns. Mind, a lot of that is knowing how to drive in foul weather. I currently drive a small Toyota SUV and while it was a bit undermuscled up in Rhinelander (I drove a Toyota 4-runner which was a TRUCK type SUV before trading it in on the RAV4) it is perfect for driving conditions down here.

I guess you would say, if you have to say anything, that I'm an "suv person".

InsaneCdn

Me. Depends on which "person" you know.
One side of me is a city-slicker who wouldn't mind being 'caught' in a nice convertible sports car.

The other side... would be driving a loaded pick-up, including four wheel drive.

pasajes4

I love trucks. I had a Toyota tundra for a brief time. My oldest son bought it from me when he moved out in the country.

Lil

Me. Depends on which "person" you know.
One side of me is a city-slicker who wouldn't mind being 'caught' in a nice convertible sports car.

The other side... would be driving a loaded pick-up, including four wheel drive.

You need this!
DSC04031.JPG

InsaneCdn

OK, Lil.
You really don't know me.

First two... maybe but not quite. You see, I need a "real" truck. The kind that can haul bales of hay and sacks of feed and pull a trailer and go through axle-deep mud if that's what it takes to get to the animals. Somehow, "convertible" or open-air doesn't quite provide the utility. Especially at -40.

The third one. Let's just say I wouldn't be caught DEAD in that one. PINK! Me? in PINK? Nope. Not going to happen. Me in a Caddy or equivalent - souped up or not? Not going to happen either.

:rofl:

But thanks for the laughs.