Every woman check in please

everywoman

We're fine. The fires are mostly north of here---more toward North Myrtle than the south end of Myrtle, and I have 40 minutes from the south end---and about the same from the Conway side. We have had a couple of fires in my town as well, but they have been out in the country, and pretty much confined to open brush and fields.
Thanks for asking though.

DammitJanet

I was going to just come and post to you! I saw on the local news that there was one fire that had jumped and headed down to your area last night but I hadnt heard if they contained it.

I was flabbergasted when I got up this morning and heard that it had jumped over and consumed Barefoot Resort. That is only minutes away from where I used to live. In fact, I know some people who ended up going over there to live and manage some property there. I saw the mayor and some other people doing a live interview underneath the turning bridge at Nixon's Crossroads in Little River. My mom used to live about 1/4 mile from that bridge before she got sick and had to come live with me.

I hope they got all those people out of Barefoot Resort. They said they only had a few minutes to do it. They were on some bridge watching the fire and it broke through and they had to go door to door banging to wake people up at 1am. How totally scary!

DammitJanet

Abbey...I dont live there anymore but what is funny is that EW and I live about oh...80 miles apart in different states but we get the same local channels and the same news for the most part. She may get some news out of Charleston that I dont get...not sure. But for some reason I am on the Florence/Myrtle Beach tier instead of Fayetteville/Raleigh so I get all South Caroline information instead of North Carolina stuff...lol.

ShyChelle

Wow good news that so far everyone in the family is good. We had those type of fires a little over a week ago. 90 homes lost.

everywoman

It's awful and getting worse. A lot of homes have been lost. Gov. Sandford has declared Horry a disaster area. The wind is changing directions and they can't keep up with it.