Ex-difficult child may soon be a homeowner

KFld

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give you an awesome update on my ex-difficult child/now easy child. I hope I don't jinx this by getting too far ahead and telling people about it, but I'm so excited.

I don't know how many of you remember when he was an active difficult child :), I was working with the probate judge to keep money from him that was left by my grandmother because I knew he would literally blow it, PUN intended!!

Well now that he has been clean for close to 2 years, he has been given his money and he is looking to possibly purchase a trailor in a really nice trailor park in our area.

My ex idiot of course dpesn't think this is a good idea because purchasing a trailor is more like purchasing a motor vehicle, they go down in value and not usually up, yada yada yada, but once again he doesn't know his own son. His son will not take this money and make it grow in order to buy a house someday, he will start dipping into it to pay his car payment, rent etc. and soon it will be gone, so this is the best thing he could possibly do with his money.

He has been pre-approved for the loan and is waiting to find out today what his payments would actually be before putting in an offer on the trailor. There are actually 5 for sale in the same park, so chances are he will be able to put in a acceptable offer on one of them.

He is excited, I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be a wonderful thing for him. 2 bedrooms, one bath and he would own it.

Who would have thunk it?????????

JJJ

Wow, his own home! That would be amazing. I hope it works out for him. I think ex idiot is wrong. One of my friends bought a trailer a few years ago. They figured out that if they lived there at least 5 years it made more financial sense than renting an apartment and then when they were ready to sell, whatever they were able to sell it for beyond what they owed was bonus.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wow, Karen!!! What a great update. I hope he gets the trailer. It's nice when you have your own 'home.'

Abbey

TerryJ2

Congrats! I know what you mean about the wisest use for the $.
But this is a difficult child you're talking about, and it is a move in the right direction (excuse the expression :) ).
Way To Go.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wonderful to hear him putting the money to good use. Excellent idea. He will want to take care of his own property and be responsible. I agree that it is too easy to fritter it away if it's sitting there where difficult child has access.

Enjoy his positive steps forward.