Ex-drug addict daughter just bought her first house--I'm so proud (and shocked)

BusynMember

Her boyfriend and her just moved into a house in suburban Illinois. She is so excited and I'm in tears. I truly thought this child would end up dead or in jail. Right now she is in school for pastry arts and got a scholarship for next year (she is very gifted). She is applying for a summer job at a restaurant run by some famous chef. I'm not into cooking so I forgot his name, but I keep getting told that she is very gifted.

For those of you who think it's hopeless, oh, it's not!!! It's NOT! She still kind of gets upset easily and calls me to calm her down, and she talks like a truck driver :tongue:, but she is doing so well.

Never give up hope. She was a meth addict who had tried everything, including heroin.

Well, if I keep typing, I'm going to cry some more. NOBODY makes me cry as much as this child, who I felt was going to throw her life away...

Keep the Faith, ALL OF YOU.

ANYONE can decide to change. My daughter was very addicted.

Have a nice day to all!!!

crazymama30

MWM, thank you for the pep talk. My difficult child is still young, but it is so easy to get discouraged and so hard to continue to fight.

I am glad she is doing so well. I can feel the pride in the words you write.

TerryJ2

AWESOME!!!! Way To Go, MWM.
And Way To Go, difficult child.
Congrats on the house.
Sigh. Long road, eh? Congrats again.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am SO doing the happy dance for YOU Mom!!!!!!!! (BRAVO)

FANTASTIC difficult child to a easy child story - Just INCREDIBLE - I think she should write a book in her spare time for the parents of other kids who think there is no hope.

INCREDIBLY BLOWN AWAY BY THIS NEWS!!!!!! COngratulations!

tinamarie1

Thank you for sharing...very encouraging. even though my kids are still young and don't have drug problems, i still wonder what kind of state they will be in as adults.