EX Ugh!!!

everywoman

This man has more nerve. He got married last weekend. He called the kids (okay, their 29, 23, and 21) the day before to let them know. All had to work! Princess hung up on him when he asked her if she could come. He has moved out of the home we shared that he just had to have--he has asked Jana to take over the mortgage---she is going to try--against my better judgement.

He called me Monday because his new wife tried to put him on her insurance (which he needs to get the methadone treatment), but I just dropped him from mine during open enrollment. I did get it worked out, and he is now off, or at least I think HR pulled some strings and got it done. If not, he will have to go a year without insurance.

He then called yesterday to ask if I could get him copies of taxes so he can give to the bank. Apparently he and wife are building a 4 bedroom house at the beach for them and her two adopted children. Meanwhile, his own children are left behind to clean up his financial mess here (he owes more on the house than its worth because he refinanced 10 times over the last 24 years.)

I feel sorry for the new Mrs. She is in for one rude awakening.

I feel sorry for my children---they are finally seeing his true colors---especially Jana---poor little daddy's girl is no more. Tripp has lived with him since I moved out, so he already knows the real deal. Josh---he hasn't seen it yet---he is too far removed for too many years, and still too mad at me for leaving. But, he too will see it one day.

I should have left that man years ago---:sigh:

L

Liahona

Ditto to Step, he sounds very toxic and entitled. The least contact the better. Poor kids

keista

Yeah, ditto ditto. Please don't dare lift a finger for this guy. I'm guessing you divorced recently since banks only need 2 or 3 years of taxes.

((((HUGS))))

muttmeister

Just go out and celebrate because he is no longer your problem (unless you let him be). Yes, you still have some messes to clean up but it will be easier without him than with him so you can be thankful. Too bad for his new wife but, who knows, maybe they are birds of a feather. Not your problem.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hugs~

Let him figure out stuff for himself - you're no longer responsible to help him or save him. I feel bad for the kids. It's difficult to stand by and allow the bank to take the house, but they'd all be better off doing just that!

DammitJanet

Oh gosh....I couldnt care less about his marriage to whoever she is. Good luck to her. She will need it. I am worried about Jana though. Why on earth is she going to take on his problems with the house? Is she going to do a short sale so she doesnt have to pay off HIS debt or is she taking on his debt? I loved my dad to death but I wouldnt have taken on his debt for nothing. Not when he was healthy and certainly capable.

DDD

Your post "struck a chord". Just reading it brought back angry emotions toward my Ex. Funny how some things don't totally go away. Like you I didn't care when he remarried except he didn't tell me or the kids prior to his wedding. I found out as I was hosting a luncheon and truly didn't believe that he didn't have the courtesy to tell me. Worse, of course, was having the children find out when he brought his new wife to pick them up for visitation. Eh Gods. It's been forty years and three more wives for him...not long enough to forgive and forget. Sigh.

I am sending supportive thoughts that you and the children are able to move on with-o his participation. Hug. DDD

cubsgirl

Be glad he's your ex. He can be a big boy and do some of the stuff himself, like getting income tax copies.

I hope Jana doesn't get drawn into anything negative.

:hugs:

KTMom91

Does Jana feel that strongly about keeping the house, or is she just trying to help her dad out? Sounds like she'll be in way over her head and stuck if she attempts it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Phhht. He can contact the IRS for his tax info. I wouldn't bother.

I hope Jana grows very wise very quickly and doesn't take over the burden of the family home.

Your ex is a very nice man I'd never want to live with. I feel sorry for the new Mrs Ex. When those love blinders come off, it's not going to be pretty.