Excuse my delight

DDD

Hmmm.....maybe I could just swing by for a drink at Suz's after
work one day. I drive fast! LOL. DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>rejectedmom, ask your husband which of the residences is most convenient for classes? We are pretty comfortable navigating around NYC and have been there several times. husband lived there before we got married.

DDD, :rofl: glad you drive fast.

Loth, I owe you a visit and if I am up that way, I will definitely make arrangements to meet for coffee.

</span>

DammitJanet

Well I am dying to get to NYC and its only a 3 hour train ride from Jamies so let me know when we are all meeting...lmao.

wakeupcall

Fran, how exciting for your family!!! I know you're so very proud of him and you have every right to be. I LOVE the threads where we can brag. It's wonderful to hear the good news we can share once in awhile. He'll do wonderfully and NYC it's a terrific city. *Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!!!*

everywoman

Great news Fran. I know you are excited to see him excited. A bit of good news for anyone these days cheers me up---so thanks for sharing.

rejectedmom

Fran, husband never lived on campus (we married when he was still an undergraduate at SUNY Oneonta). He worked at NYU's Sterling Forest lab site and took classes on the city campus a couple nights a week. We lived near the lab in a little town called Warwick, but I will ask him just in case he does know the best dorms to live in. rm

Loris

That's fantastic! He sounds like such a responsible young man. I'm sure it'll be a great experience for him. I'm excited for you all.

Fran, Thanks for sharing happy news with us!!! :smile: It's amazing how fast our "babies" grow up!!! Your easy child has so many exciting and interesting opportunities ahead of him!!! His life has, in a sense, just begun... I hope you'll update us when he is in school...

I haven't been to NYC in years!!! What a fun place for you to get to visit!!! WFEN