Execution stayed per consent filed. What's that mean?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I think I know, but...anyone know for sure?

DEX asked mother in law for wee's SSN. He claims its for a life insurance policy, but I have some doubts.

mother in law made the comment that he "got out" of a hospital bill that recently took him to court. I look at the court records, and it says the judgement is "for the plaintiff (the hospital) in the amount of $XXXX plus 9%interest from 1/07 and costs." Then another entry that says "JUDGMENT ENTERED AND EXECUTION STAYED PER CONSENT FILED"

Does that mean he got out of paying it? Or just for now?

witzend

JUDGMENT ENTERED = filed with the court

EXECUTION STAYED = doing what is awarded waits

PER CONSENT FILED = because someone who has the power to (judge or winner or all parties) agreed to it.

donna723

Do you really need a SSN for an insurance policy? Years ago when my son was 15 and I was going through my divorce, his father asked him for his SSN saying he needed it for his medical insurance (which he already had through where we both worked!) - my son gave it to him. Found out years later when we pulled up my sons' credit report that it was full of unpaid bills of his fathers - he had given my sons' SSN instead of his own. In fact, if you put my sons SSN into one of the credit bureaus, his fathers name comes up instead of his! His credit is now so scr&wed that he can't even open a bank account!

It pay be on the up and up but I would be very careful if I were you and it wouldn't hurt to check once in a while.

DammitJanet

Donna, my dad asked me for my SSN about 20 years ago and he told me it was for insurance purposes. I dont have any reason to doubt him. I dont think my dad has any need to steal my identity which is in the tanker when he has much better identity...lol.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My mother has my social security number. It's because I am on a few insurance policies and bank accounts as her beneficiary.

Never occurred to me that she'd us my number against me.

flutterby

Fly away!
When you're listing someone as a beneficiary, at least, you have to have their SSN. I'd imagine you would need it to start a policy, too.

DammitJanet

Ok...all of us are talking about life insurance however, this stay thing, has nothing to do with life insurance, its about a bill that went into judgment.

So why would Dex need wee's SSN for that? Does it make sense that Dex is taking out life insurance when he has just had a judgment go into this status? Isnt Dex unemployed? I maybe could understand this if Dex just got a job and he got life insurance through his job and wanted to put wee on as beneficiary.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sorry, janet...it is two seperate issues.

Dex claims to have a new job with life ins benefits and that's why he wants wee's social.

But I don't trust him, especially since exMIL said whacky girlfriend got him an attorney to get out of this bill, so I've been half-way watching the court records to see if there's any activity on our divorce decree and watching wee's credit. He's had a case against him for a couple months now and it was ruled on last week. He doesn't show an attorney on record for the case, but there is some kind of settlement.

I don't trust DEX as far as I could throw him. he's not a bad man, but he's an impulsive man and will not think one thought about doing whatever he can to get what he wants at that instant.

ExMIL says whacky girlfriend won't do anything illegal. But she's very, very slow. If she keeps the info organized, DEX can find it and use it. And he will. Did when I was married to him.

And difficult child 1 has an $800 phone bill in his name that his mother set up when he was 2. Granted that wasn't DEX's doing, but I have been the one to fight that thing all these years. Every time it gets sold to a new collection agency, here they come...

Call me gunshy.

DammitJanet

Good lord...that phone bill in difficult child 1's name should be off his record by now unless you guys have been making payments on it all these years. I think it is 7 or 10 years that bad credit or delinquent bills stay on.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good lord...that phone bill in difficult child 1's name should be off his record by now unless you guys have been making payments on it all these years. I think it is 7 or 10 years that bad credit or delinquent bills stay on.

Janet--you are right. Delinquent bills can stay on your credit report for up to ten years after the last recorded action.

Bill collectors can only collect on old accounts if they are still within the statute of limitations...which varies from state to state. The statute of limitations is anywhere from two to six 1/2 years from the date of the last payment.

witzend

It's not that they go away after 7 or ten years, it's that your credit doesn't usually get looked at after 7 or 10 years. The bill stays with you forever.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
The company that the bill was originally from has been bought out 4 or 5 times. And it was well over 12 years past the last time I heard from them. I think (emphasis on think) what happens is that the bad debts are sold from one credit collection company to another, and even tho this one is a "fraud", they mark it "in house" but don't remove the record completely...thus when it gets sold, the new company doesn't realize its a fraud and they start all over. Its been about 3 years since I've had to do anything with it. Maybe its finally dead now.