Executive DYSfunction VENT

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I know. I Know. I KNOW.

They can't help it. Not difficult child 1. Not difficult child 2. Not husband. They are impaired, and it's not their fault, but DANG!

What is so hard about remembering that your kid needs his medications at 8:30 every night?

What is so hard about getting your kids to bed before 11pm when we ALL have to be up at 6:30am to go to an important evaluation appointment?

What is so hard about difficult child 1 writing down the fact that his sports practice time has been moved back two hours?

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Some days I just wanna scream. I went out tonight with some friends for dinner. I came home at 10:45pm. The kids are all up and are playing a video game in the livingroom. No one has had their medications. Where is dad? He's taking a bath. He finally comes down at 11:15 and he has the gall to be mad at ME for not coming upstairs to say HI to him FIRST before getting everyone medicated and sent to bed because I'm (here posting about this madness) on the computer. 'Cuz apparently the WORLD revolves around him! I s'pose a JOB will just miraculously appear out of nowhere, too, and fall in his lap any day now, since everyone is in HIS orbit. :mad:

I try to go out and have a nice time, but coming home to garbage like this does a pretty good job of negating the positive aspects of the evening. What's the point if I come home to bigger problems?​

:grrr:

M

ML

Oh honey I'm so sorry. It does feel like our men are one of our kids sometimes, especially when they are going through tough times. At the risk of offending our male members, they aren't always blessed with our strength and stamina. The only way to get through these difficult times are to keep expectations low and communication high. I would still ask for them to contribute but always have a backup plan. And though we never receive praise and thanks for all we do, they seem to need it so I would encourage you to lavish it upon him.

In the meantime do whatever you can and as often as you can for yourself. I'm glad you went out and next time just have a backup plan so you don't have to come home to chaos. Do you have a neighbor or close friend who could come over and do the medications?

Thinking of you and sending prayers of strength and hope.