Extra cranky with a cherry on top

JKF

Ugggh! Lately I've been extra cranky. Everyone and everything annoys me to the point where I cringe. Even tiny things - like spellcheck changing a word or a sucky song on the radio - send me into an internal (ok and sometimes external) rage! It's like constant nails on a chalkboard. I'm not sure why I feel like this. Things are actually "calm" in my world right now and it's been sunny and absolutely gorgeous here weather wise so I just don't get it. Not sure if it's hormones or what but I usually don't get this bad even with PMS. And not being able to figure out why I'm cranky is making me even more cranky!

Just needed to vent!!!!

JKF

It could be PMS. It's around "that time" but I definitely don't usually get this bad. I feel like I could crawl out of my skin today. Every. single. little. thing. is driving me insane! It's been a while since I took one but I think I will take a Xanax when I get home. Maybe that will help me chill a bit and not slaughter anyone who dares to come near me lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Things are actually "calm" in my world right now and it's been sunny and absolutely gorgeous here weather wise so I just don't get it.

I don't suppose it's that part of difficult child-Momdom that waits for the other shoe to drop and tries to create drama where there is none???

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Boy, I know how you feel. I've chalked those feelings up to stress. Long term chronic stress with a difficult child leaves your adrenals depleted, so when life calms down a notch, you can really notice and it shows up as a short temper, irritability, sleeplessness, appetite problems, crankiness. We can't put our bodies through that kind of incredible fear and then a week goes by and we're just fine, it takes a toll. That's why, as an ELDER (yikes, did I say that??) I am telling you from my experience with this stuff, find a way to get yourself PEACE, find your balance and find a way to relax because over a long period of time, it will turn into some kind of physical problem all due to stress. Practice meditation, yoga, deep breathing, tai chi, long walks, acupuncture, massage, whatever gets you to DEEP relaxation and do it daily................end of sermon...........hugs to you...........

Dixies_fire

You described it perfectly!!! This happens to me! I don't know how to get rid of it. I try favorite books and my favorite snacks and sometimes physical exercise helps. It's like mega Pms but has nothing to do with your period.

Californiablonde

I hate it when I get like that. Usually it happens when I start to go manic. I get so irritable I can't even stand to be around myself. Luckily it hasn't happened to me in a few years. Hoping the feeling passes quickly for you.

nerfherder

Perimenopause n. the period of hormonal fluctuation as the ovaries wind down. "I'd stab you to death with my keys but I'm crying too hard to get out of the car." That's my excuse.

But yeah, chronic stress contributes a huge amount.

My way of handling it is a small shot of brandy to help me sleep some nights, a bit of chocolate to help me feel more like I'm feeding myself, and a baseball bat and a standing heavy bag so I don't end up beating out the brains of whoever's most recently demonstrating stupidity or bad driving skills.

JKF

I don't suppose it's that part of difficult child-Momdom that waits for the other shoe to drop and tries to create drama where there is none???

It's funny you say that Step because I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing!

JKF

RE - I agree that I need to find some inner peace. I've found some meditating videos on YouTube that I'm going to try tonight after everyone is in bed. That seems to help. I'm also going to do a little gardening shortly after the sun goes down a bit. I always feel better after I plant something.

Dixie - I got some new books in my kindle so I'll take your advice and read later. I do love to read so I'm thinking it may help! That and chocolate!

CB - thank you! It is such a yucky feeling and I hope it passes quickly! I legit want to stab people! Ugggh!

Nerf- omg you crack me up! I just love your way with words. I didn't have brandy but I DO have chocolate! "Sea Salt Soirée" which is dark chocolate with sea salt and roasted almonds! The ultimate YUM!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
"I'd stab you to death with my keys but I'm crying too hard to get out of the car." That's my excuse.

I laughed out loud reading that. Honestly, is there really a woman alive who hasn't felt that at one time or another?????? That should be the title of a book on hormones............or menopause...........or PTSD...........or PMS...........or divorce.............

and, chocolate is the ultimate answer, I agree!

Dixies_fire

I laughed out loud reading that. Honestly, is there really a woman alive who hasn't felt that at one time or another?????? That should be the title of a book on hormones............or menopause...........or PTSD...........or PMS...........or divorce.............

Hahaha or marriage!!! And sometimes parenting!

DammitJanet

I just picture myself torturing Buck in every imaginable way possible and where I could hide the body. Im sure I could convince people he headed back to SC.