eye doctor and keys

crazymama30

So both kids had eye doctor appts. difficult child went first, then easy child. difficult child got bored waiting for easy child, so I took him to the car, put the e brake on and let him sit there and play my phone and listen to music.

difficult child comes in looking very embarassed. He had been bored so he was standing in the parking lot and throwing my keys in the air. They landed on the roof!

Of course husband would not answer his phone.

The secretary called he very nice husband and he brought a ladder and got the keys for me. Thankfully I had cash(I very rarely carry cash) and gave him some money to at least cover his gas.

difficult child was going to already clean his room, now he has lots of yardwork to do to!

I guess I learned my lesson too. Never ever give difficult child the keys. My bad, and I won't do it again.

flutterby

Fly away!
:rofl:

I know you weren't laughing. I'm sure you were quite embarrassed. But, trust me, you will look back on this and laugh.

Between you, Fran and Dazed...we've got some stories for the record books lately.

aeroeng

Mom of Three
Once when easy child was a baby I gave him the keys to play with. He was strapped in his car seat. We had just purchased the car and I hit the button that unlocks all the doors, and jumped out. Only to discover I had mistakenly hit the button that locks the car doors. There I was outside the locked car with a baby inside playing with the keys. Fortunately it was winter and he was well bundled. We (the day care and I) made faces and played peek-a-boo for 15 min while husband came with another set of keys. Just as he was tired of playing as started to cry husband made it there. I cried too, and learned never to give any of them my keys.

Marguerite

I'd be getting difficult child to earn back the money you had to pay the man for his gas. It's a natural consequence - his actions earned a financial cost. Probably no need for any other punishment, except perhaps a loss of the privileges he 'abused' - because I don't think he meant to cause trouble, he wasn't trying to get the keys onto the roof. But the impulsivity did cause the problem and reparation has to be made.

Marg

crazymama30

Yep Marg, he will be doing lots of chores. Yard work, raking pine needles, picking up stuff that has blown aroun in our yard and my grandfather's right next door, just over an acre total.

It was complete impulsivity, and not malicious in then least, but you should have seen the eye doctor staff when I told them what happened. I had to use their phone to first try husband, who did not answer, as my cell was in the car!

Yep, just another day in the life.

tiredmommy

:rofl: I can just imagine how sheepish he looked walking back in. It must be the day... Duckie got off the bus all upset because she forgot her book bag at school. :hammer: