eyebrows............?

Jena

so, things are getting a little ugly over here on my end. I put difficult child in bed, soo hoping tonight will be the night she sleeps. So, it's just me and my tweezer in the bathroom and let me just tell you.....I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO TWEEZE my eyebrows.

I keep reading on how to do it, etc. but it's just not my thing. I have used a pencil to draw where i think they should be on my eyebrow line......lol i even brush them and take the cut them approach!! :)

Yup, where i used to live i used to get them done. i haven't done that in about ummm 3 years now!! So, i can imagine what you guys are thinking their not bushy or anything their just umm weird. So, this is my big prepping me for the holidays, my eyebrows lol.

ok anyone know how to do this??? don't laugh. i'm not good at this stuff.

mstang67chic

Going Green
How do I do it? I stop off on my way home from work and have someone else do them! LOL It costs 8 bucks and I usually tip 2.

Sorry.....I really hoover at it too and have learned quickly that I am so not the person to do eyebrows! LOL

M

ML

I have heard you only want to tweeze under the line. Just start with the strays farthest from the center and work your want up till you get the desired width, just basically following the natural curve of your brow.

Jena

LOL I really need to start taking care of myself.:abouttime:

By the time i'm done here i'll have half an eyebrow left! I've also been cutting my own hair for the past 5 mos. you don't even wanna know. lol can't wait to work again.

ok well thanks anyway. I saw a response and said ooh cause i'm standing here looking in mirror thinking well this just isn't going well.

TerryJ2

Nonono! Don't ever go from the top.

Also, less is more.
You always want to have more than you think you need. Do not tweeze too much ... you never know what will or will not grow back. And you don't want to have to pencil in.

The only safe place to really tweeze is between your eyebrows. Unibrows are only popular in Afghanistan.

Jena

Terry that had me in tears laughing.. I want to delete this post now!! I'm truly out of my mind. :)

Kt - Hmmm going on line now and looking it up. I'm sure i can fit that in!! I've just been trying to be frugal now that im not working. Every dollar counts sort of thing. Yet as I view my eyebrows in the mirror there are just some things one should not cut out!! LOL

klmno

I A.M. N.O.T. L.A.U.G.H.I.N.G.

(choke)

Ok, Jen, hon, if they haven't been done in three years, are you sure there is a need to do them tonight?

If you are sure you want to, I'll give this a shot. Just remember- don't get tweezer happy.

Ok, stand back a little and look in the mirror. Look at the upper portion of bone at the top of your nose. You should notice somewhat of a shadow line- a curve- where your nose stops around the corner of your eye, then almost curves into the bone behind your eyebrow. Take your finger and feel the bottom of this bone. This is where the bottom of your eyebrow should be arched to. Make sure it follows the curve of that bone behind the brow. Then, tweeze out stray hairs above, kind of following that same curve, but they should taper into a thicker area toward the nose.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ws&start=40&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N

See? Ohhhh- did you just want to know how to use tweezers on eyebrows? Hold them to the side- almost parallel to your face instead of straight toward your face. I like it better with the pointed end up. Grab eyelash. Pull. Quit screaming.

Shewwww- you are a lot of work. I bet five people have answered your question by the time I get all this typed up! LOL!

mstang67chic

Going Green
If you have someplace like this where you live, you might want to consider threading as an alternative to waxing. When I have my eyebrows waxed, about every couple of times I have an almost scabby looking strip where they waxed. I discovered a place here that does threading and it's great! It's just as cheap as waxing and, I think, more precise. It does hurt a bit at first but if you keep up on it, it's not that bad.

Here's more info

http://www.eyebrowthreading.com/

Also:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4"]YouTube - EYEBROW THREADING NBC 10 SPECIAL[/ame]

Jena

between you and terry i am sitting alone on the bathroom floor hysterical laughing..... :dance: way too funny!!

I guess your right after 3 years of insane eyebrows, why oh why is tonight so important??? Cause my shows aren't on, difficult child is actually sleeping yes sleeping I CANNOT BELIEVE and i'm bored!

I'm alot of work!! LOL boyfriend says that to me alot, he says your high maintenance?? i said what? how could that be i love target, i'm not materistic at all. He said oh, but you talk alot and are so complex!! :)

whoever is he talking about?? i just dunno!!:tongue:

klmno

As my boss says "If we haven't dealt with it in all these years, I see no reason to make a rash decision today".

Jena

before isn't happening lol. this procedure was alrady ongoing when i asked for HELP!! you are getting the after, now watch the finger it is pointing at the eyebrow!! with some dim lighting i think this may work!!

donna723

If you're trying to figure out where they should start and end, there's an easy way to do it. The inner part should start directly above the inner corner of your eye. For the outer part, get a pencil or anything straight like that. Hold one end up against the side of your nose, then line it up with the outer corner of your eye, and where it reaches the outer part of your eyebrow is where your brows should stop. There should be a straight line from the edge of your nose to the outer edge of your eye to the end of your eyebrow ... courtesy of Mrs. Churchs' Home Easy Child class, circa 1963! ;) Sounds goofy but it's pretty accurate.

Then you just clean them up, everything in the middle and all the strays underneath - NEVER pull any of them out of the top!

Andy

:slap:
OMG - Am I suppose to be plucking eyebrows? Well, if you ever meet me, you will know who I am - the one with semi-bushy eyebrows! No way am I ever going to be bored enough to do that let alone have it done. Too much pain for me - I know, I am such a wimp.

After pictures? Can you ask easy child to take some during pictures? The recorder video type though not sure if I can handle sound effects - However, I could replay it next October for a Halloween greeting?

:rofl: