Face eating naked psycho (NOT) on Bath Salts

Nancy

Kathy that's exactly what I meant. I would not be surprised if pot did different things to people with mental problems.

Nancy

BusynMember

Cannabis can lead to a pyschotic/schizophrenic break - especially when used over a long period of time. But it's still an "which comes first - chicken and egg "

[SUP]9[/SUP]
Based on research reviews, looking at the connection between cannabis and psychosis, two hypotheses have been developed.
[SUP]10[/SUP]
The first hypothesis is that cannabis use causes psychotic symptoms in an otherwise healthy individual that would not have occurred with abstinence. The second hypothesis is that cannabis use may precipitate psychosis in individuals who are predisposed to acquiring a psychotic disorder.
[SUP]10,11
[/SUP]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811144/

This is what makes pot dangerous. It causesd a friend of mine, who was not wired too tightly, to hallucinate. Every time she smoked pot, she saw bugs and freaked out. This was years ago, when the pot was pure. I know a schizophrenic who will have a psychotic break if he uses pot. If anyone is interested in derealization/depersonalization (a form of dissassociation) I suggest they put these two disorders into their search engines and then add "and pot smoking" to it. No drug on earth, pot included, is innocent, sweet, and good for all people. Honestly, I have spoken to some people who use it who swear it has NO side effects at all. Well, it does for some people, like any drug. I didn't like it. It made me paranoid as hell and very anxious, almost anxious enough to scream.

Now do I think the man who ate t he face only smoked pot? I really doubt it. Pot doesn't seem to cause violence, BUT how do we know it NEVER causes violence? And who knows what else was in the pot? I agree that pot today is very dangerous...the person who smokes it has no idea what it really is.

S

Signorina

Agree MWM and there are plenty of violent sickos who aren't high on pot --so add pot and maybe they would've become zombie face eaters. Dahmer? Hannibal? Gacy?

DammitJanet

Lisa, you have a very good point about the fact that most police depts are not TV labs. I dont think my police dept would know what to do if someone told them to look for mitochondrial dna. Heck they dont like to test for fingerprints. You practically have to do it for them with clues you have learned on the shows and bring them the results.

Donna, Jimson weed. I hadnt thought of that one. It is a theory. I remember seeing an episode on that on CSI Las Vegas one time. The guys core body temp was so high he was psychotic and if I remember right, he was a zombie.