Facebook

S

Signorina

I know a few of us have mentioned having "false" facebook accounts so that we can check in on our difficult children. I recently started one, but of course - I have no friends. Does anyone want to befriend each other's "faux" accounts so that we can build our FB credibility? PM me -- I would love to do it. My alter ego is a 20 yo college student from MN and Louisiana...so none of my in real life friends will add any credibility. LOL

Nancy

This sounds interesting. I don't have a faux account but I think I may make one. I'm not good at faking things but I'll see what I can do and let you know.

Nancy

P

PatriotsGirl

OMG I swear this morning I was JUST thinking about doing this!!!! I think I am going to!!

A

AmericanGirl

Sig,

I sent you a PM.

Nancy, it isn't hard. If I can help, just yell.

difficult child's cell died recently. He was being really nice and offering to get a basic phone to replace it. I insisted on getting him an Iphone 4. It only cost $50 or so more - BUT....with the Find my Iphone app, I can locate the phone in 60 seconds. It's funny but using this has increased my trust as he tells me where he is truthfully. The boy has no clue I can do this.

More trust and peace....cheap at $50.

DDD

Do you all realize how much LMS and Deb and a few others of us would have paid to be able to "locate" our kid instead of driving thru the most unsavory neighborhoods trying to find the blankin' difficult child's????????? Technology is great! DDD

S

Signorina

Ijust realized that I can check the location of difficult child's laptop through our antivirus software subscription. SCORE!

A

AmericanGirl

Woo Hooooooo!!! :))))

We oughta gather up all we have learned and write a manual for new parents.

A

AmericanGirl

Ijust realized that I can check the location of difficult child's laptop through our antivirus software subscription. SCORE!

Sig, for future use, can you tell me which product? If there is a rule against mentioning a specific product, would you plz pm me?

S

Signorina

It's McAfee and I discovered it by accident. I bought enough licenses to cover every computer we own. It shows the IP address of each computer. I am not sure that it updates quickly or regularly - but it does show that difficult child's computer is in his college town.

Nancy

Didn't you have to have the laptop top to install it on? I had a laptop recovery program (lojack) installed on difficult child's but the subscription ran out and I have to have her laptop to renew it.

What profile picture did you use Sig?

Last edited:
S

Signorina

Yes. I did need the laptop - but he was home at the time. We gave it to him for Christmas so I just protected it through the network management feature on the software.

As for the facebook profile picture - I googled my facebook misnomer, clicked on images and chose a picture from page 14 or so. Just in case.

Can you tell I am a Brady Bunch fan? Of course, Brady Bunch was a little past my own time - I saw it mostly in after school reruns and know it by heart- and my kids have no idea of the nuances!!! I should post a picture of my dog Tiger. And Aunt Alice LOL

trinityroyal

Oh Sig, THAT is hilarious!
And of course, because today's retro clothes fit right in with what they were wearing on BB, your faux Facebook girl is probably on the cutting edge of fashion.

S

Signorina

FG- I have not yet. I am trying to build a bunch if other 18-24 yo friendships first. And them I will friend some of his friends until I get to him. On the plus side, my faux Brady girl is not blocked by him. So I get generic glimpses.