F

flutterbee

3 weeks is good time! We had to wait a few months. neuropsychologist evaluations are several hours of testing. Ours did it in 2 hour increments, but some do it in longer blocks. So, don't expect answers right away.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get some good answers from this. :flower:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank you for the link to the survey/quiz. I completed it and the score came back negative for my son. I realize that doesn't take the place of a professional evaluation, though :wink:

Funny, but last night at bedtime he told me he thought he felt better when he was on the medications, even though they were making him jittery. He said he felt "less tired" and "less annoying". The annoying part I get :laugh: And I think the "tired" part comes from him expending soooooo much emotional and physical energy during the day. He is exhausted every night, and Sunday afternoon he actually fell asleep during a car ride (which he hasn't done since he was much, much younger).

I'm wondering about this medication-wash period. The psychiatrist said to give him 7-10 days, and we're approaching day 7 tomorrow. Our neuropsychologist evaluation isn't for 3 more weeks, and I am thinking of putting him back on the short-acting Focalin before then because life is just so hard for all of us right now without him on something. Would that taint him too much for when he does go in for the evaluation even if he's not on anything during the examination?