Fairly easy cookie recipe needed.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I started baking in Occupational Therapist (OT) last week; made a basic bar cookie recipe my mom gave me with only 4 ingredients. It took me almost the entire hour to get thru it but I did!

Now I need a more complex but not too complex recipe for next Monday. A bar cookie or a holiday cookie; something easy but not as simple as the last one.

All of my recipes are far too simple or far too complex to complete. Can you help me out here? Occupational Therapist (OT) suggested that peanut butter thingie with the big chocolate kiss - problem is I hate peanut butter mixed with chocolate. To me, it's a big waste of chocolate. ;)

Thanks, ladies.

donna723

Linda, they have some wonderful cookie recipes on the inside of the wrapper of the Butter Flavor Crisco packages. Most of them are pretty simple and they're really good - stay soft too.

SRL

CAKE MIX COOKIES
1 package of cake mix (any flavor)
1 large egg
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water
1 cup of chopped nuts, raisins, oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chips, M&M'S® etc. (anything you like in cookies)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredient (s). Drop by teaspoon about 1 inch apart onto greased cooke sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Makes about 4 dozens. Yummy!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The dough on these cookies is fairly soft, so they are easy to work with. You can then decorate them however you wish, before baking or after.

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar

In a large mixing bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup of the flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla extract and almond extract; beat until combined. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour. Divide in half. Cover dough and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of chilled dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes. Use a drinking straw to make decorative holes or hanging holes. Transfer cutouts to an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown and cookies are slightly puffed. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, cool thoroughly. Use a sifter to sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
Makes 3 dozen.

Mattsmom277

Raspberry macaroon bars:

Use a can of sugar cookie dough. Roll out to fit bottom of a square pan (greased). Bake at temp on dough package, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Add a layer of raspberry jam to create the filling. Top with a thick layer of toasted coconut.

You can also if you want, melt some marshmallows and add the coconut to that (I prefer it without the marshmallows as it makes it soooo sweet but some like it sweet lol).

babybear

Occupational Therapist (OT) suggested that peanut butter thingie with the big chocolate kiss - problem is I hate peanut butter mixed with chocolate. To me, it's a big waste of chocolate. ;)

Could you substitute something for the chocolate, like a pecan or dates?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Here's another:

Ooey-Gooey Coconutty Chocolate Bars

Crush a package of moist cookies - oatmeal, shortbread, chocolate, whatever (I use the Archway cookies or the girlfriend packages of cookies) to a medium-fine consistency.

Press firmly into the bottom of a 9" Square pan. Spread one can of condensed milk over the top. Top with shredded coconut and then one small bag of chocolate chips. Bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes or golden on top. When removed from the oven, smooth out the melted chocolate layer on top and let cool. Cut into squares. Yum

Star*

call 911........call 911
OVENLESS, INGREEDIENTLESS, HASSLE-FREE, YUMMY, DECORATED & CHEAP, FROSTED SUGAR COOKIES.

Walk out of house -
Climb into van
Back out of drive. (check behind you first) good.

Get to WalMart.
Find a handicapped spot.
Put up placard
Get out walker
Push into store
Just inside door on left hand side behind greeter is clear plastic box with
colorful sugar cookies with sprinkles decorated per the season.
Pick up 3 or more boxes (usually $3.47)
Go to register
Pay for cookies
Return home
Pour milk
Eat cookies
Call Star - tell her that HER recipie was the easiest you have gotten all day.
*Share with friends by placing cookies in a tin with wax paper to separate -
**Use your spare time to paint
***Buy GLADE scent of Baked cookies to fool your friends and spray often to fool even yourself. ;):tongue: