Fall Check

LittleDudesMom

For those of us working on healthy eating/exercise, how's it going?

We are entering the toughest time of the year, in my opinion. More indoor activities, more chances to "go off" the eating resolve, etc.

I'm still going to WW and finally decided I felt comfortable knowing the poundage. If you remember, when I first went back this summer I didn't weigh in, just paid and attended meetings and occassionally weighed in but didn't check - wanted to get back into it for awhile. Since the middle of Sept. I'm down 10.2 pounds which is good, but a much slower pace than 18 months ago! But, it's down, not up and I continue to be positive about any loss!!

How are you doing ladies?

What plans do you have for making turkey day a lighter fare?

The gym decided to cancel 6am classes on holidays so I won't have my usual exercise on the holidays routine. However, at class this morning we all talked about how we'll miss the early Thanksgiving workout. easy child said, even though she is not getting paid, she'll come in a lead a class - so far four of us have agreed!

Hope your spirits are high!

Sharon;)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Glad you are doing so well!!! How nice that your easy child is willing to do a class and not be paid!

Although I had a horrible day of eating and not exercising today I've been doing fairly well overall. It is a hard time of the year. I think we start craving comfort foods and also, for me, being back at work makes me miss more days than I'd like to at the club. Still I've maintained my weight loss and am happy with that. I just need to get back on track after today-hate to think of how much I ate but I am going to try and track it. Skipping the club was probably not a great idea but my cousin's daughter had a kidney transplant yesterday and I hadn't seen any of them in a few years (they live a couple hours away but the surgery was in my city) so I went for a nice visit with my aunt, 2 of my cousins, and my cousin's daughter.

Sharon (LDM), Way To Go!!!:D 10.2 lbs is a big accomplishment!!!

Sharon (WO), It's wonderful you've been able to maintain your weight loss.:D!!! I agree - It's definitely a hard time of year to stay motivated - The cold weather, dark days, etc... make me want comfort food too. I hope your cousin's daughter begins to feel a bit better every day and her recovery goes smoothly.

I've been doing well with exercising. However, I'm taking the day off from my morning jog - My ankle is a bit sore. I'm hoping it's just the arthritis I have (getting old is only for the brave, lol...) and nothing more serious. I'll rest it today, just do the exercises I was given in PT when I had achilles tendonitis, and hopefully be back to jogging tomorrow.

I've been going overboard with eating though. So far, no real damage. This thread has got to be the wake-up call I need to stay out of the kitchen!!! Sharon, thanks for starting it.:D

I hope everyone else is doing well with leading a healthy lifestyle!!! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!! SFR

Sharon! That's wonderful you've lost over 10 pounds more! Don't worry if it's not enough, slow and steady is the pace you want, it's a lifestyle change. You've been working hard, it's awesome. I think more people will sign up for that class, nobody is at work, and everything is closed that day, they'll want to work out.

WO- You've been maintaining your weight, don't worry if you miss a day or 2 at the gym. It is harder once work starts. Glad you had a nice visit with your family, hope all is well with your cousins daughter.

SFR- I hope your ankle feels better and you can jog tomorrow!

I am reluctant to come to Heathful Living to read or post. I have taken a step to get help, which I 've never done before. My weight is, at the most, 97. I feel like I'm not well. I do excercise 2 times a day vigorously. And my 0 pants are falling off me. I contacted my insurance company and they are sending me to an eating disorder hospital for an appointment on the 18th of Nov. Everything is 100% covered. They'll see from there what the next step will be. You are the only people who know this. I'm scared, but in a way relieved. Sometimes in a moment of clarity I see a skeleton in the mirror. The freaky thing is, I still think I'm fat. - Alyssa

Alyssa,

Sending you lots of hugs... in my humble opinion, you've already taken one of the hardest steps - Making the necessary call to get help. Although I've never been in your situation, I can only imagine how scary it must be for you...

Please let us know how your appointment on the 18th goes.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and praying that you get the help you need to feel better/be healthier soon... SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Alyssa, It must be torture to see yourself in a negative way all the time. Good for you for getting help. I'm a firm believer that if something isn't working, get expert advice and get it fixed. Take care of yourself and you can always share here.
We all carry our baggage so yours is accepted here.
I will be thinking of you on the 18th.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Alyssa,
I'm proud of you for taking this step. We will be holding your hand in spirit on the 18th. You are in my prayers. ((((Hugs))))

LittleDudesMom

Alyssa,

I'm so glad that you felt you could come here and be honest. That was the original intent of this forum.

As the others before me have said, you have made the first step by admitting you need help and seeking it out. Will be thinking of you over the next week - please let us know the outcome of your appointment.

Sharon

M

ML

Just wrote a long post and lost it! Argh.

Been avoiding this forum, not feeling well, not doing well. I'm not sure what's going on, if I'm just adjusting to being older or if there is something physically wrong. I went on estrogen and starting having periods again after almost 3 years without them. PMS is back too lol. I have all the symtpoms of Chronic Fatigue (and yeast) and think I may need to eliminate all sugar from my diet but I'm too tired to tackle that kind of a change. I mean no carbs, very little fruit, etc. I've gained 5 pounds and look terrible. I don't have the energy to exercise like I was. Everything is an effort. Also, I could never nap, not in years. Now I can and do. I don't mean to whine so much, I just wanted to try and explain where I'm at. I see the doctor today to see if the d dimer is back to normal and to check to see why my allergies are so bad.

Alyssa, I'm proud of you for taking the first step and for sharing with us. We love and support you completely.

I'm proud of all of you and hope to join the team of success here soon!

Love, ML

Wiped Out

Staff member
ML,
I'm sorry you are struggling so much right now. Question for you; are you on estrogen as in HRT? I've been on it for years (about 25) and do not have my period.

I hope the dr is able to help. Sending hugs your way.

M

ML

Thank you Sharon. Yeah, it's the estrogen/progesterone patch. I saw doctor yesterday and she said the periods and spotting will likely even out. She heard something in my right lung and gave me a z pack and a chest xray and I'll get results Monday. I also just found out I have ostepenia so it's good I'm taking the estrogen.

trinityroyal

Hello everyone, and sorry I'm so late to this. It's been chaos central in twin-land and I haven't been near the computer in days.

Sharon (LDM)--Way to go! A 10.2 lb loss is a great accomplishment.

Sharon (WO)--Maintaining your weight even in the face of temptation AND with your work schedule is impressive. That's great.

SFR--Take it easy on that ankle. The last thing you need is to re-injure yourself and have to take another break from running.

Alyssa--I am so proud of you. You've taken such a huge and important step in addressing your eating disorder. I have walked the path you're on now. It's not easy, but you can do this. Please feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.

ML--sorry you're feeling crummy. Sounds like you're having to deal with too many bodily changes all at the same time.

I have been remiss. Haven't gone out for a single walk with the babies, haven't done pilates in over a week, and I feel rotten. Achy muscles, and poor body image is starting to creep over me. Much as husband tries to assure me that I look fine, I feel like I'm lumpy and puffy. My clothes are still fitting okay, but the lack of activity is sure doing a number on my mind and my mood.

I think I just have to put everything else aside, skip laundry and cleaning and answering e-mail, and just get myself out of the house. Laundry can wait, but my sanity can't.

Trinity

Thank you for all the support. I bought an insurance policy last Dec. 1st (2008), protecting my paycheck if I get sick or anything. After reading it, I realized my paycheck will be protected as long as I don't see a Dr. for any problem within 1 year of me purchasing this. Dec 1st, 2009 is when the year is up, and I have never seen a Dr. about this. I called the place and told them my problem and now my appointment is Dec2. So, I have to wait 2 more weeks. I can wait. Plus, as if you don't think I'm crazy enough, I haven't told husband about anything. He'll say, " eat a sandwich" or something. I think I won't tell him until I have something definate to tell him. Seriously, you people are the only ones who know- and thank you for being so kind and caring.

trinityroyal

I haven't told husband about anything. He'll say, " eat a sandwich" or something.

Alyssa, it takes a great deal of courage to do what you're doing. I think it's the right decision not to tell your husband anything until you're ready. We're here for you...a soft place to land.

Trinity