Farah Fawcett

DazedandConfused

I have to admit I was never a big fan of hers until I watch the TV show that documented her various treatment regimes and her determination to survive. She handled it so gracefully and with such dignity that I now count myself as one of her admirers.

RIP :angel3:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Got my hair cut like hers in college....... I think Ryan kept asking and she kept saying no, but finally relented...... don't think they had enough time to do it unless it was deathbed...... sad...... she had good times and bad........

klmno

That's so sad- especially since she had such a hard ending. I think they said on the news a couple of days agor that Ryan O. had proposed and she'd accpeted- I was hoping they could have a nnice ceremony before she died.

I couldn't stop from crying when I saw her special. My best friend died of the very same cancer 13 years ago ,when her son was only 8 years old. Another one of my good friends is being treated for it as I write this. It's such a hard way to go. . . She fought the good fight, and brought beauty and light to her fans and fellow cancer warriors . She will be missed.

Valerie

Star*

call 911........call 911
FYI despite her beauty and grace - her son is a MAJOR difficult child and was granted special permission to be allowed out of prison to see his Mom before she died.

This is one of those celebrity deaths that just makes you feel your age.

Jena

i was a fan of her later in life. i think she was awesome and couragoues (can't spell) and so strong!

She battled that cancer with such dignity and humor. there's a special airing tonight at 10 with barbara walters

Wiped Out

Staff member
Very sad. husband is a huge Farrah fan, he has the first season of Charlie's Angels which we will probably watch tonight (some of the episodes). I was saddened her and Ryan didn't get to get married.

Marguerite

It's funny, I remember her from "Myra Breckenridge" which she did before "Charlie's Angels" I believe. I saw the movie at a film club while I was at uni. It wasn't exactly a challenging role for Farrah; it was a really difficult one for Raquel Welch.

I also saw her in "Burning Bed" - she was brilliant, deserved that Emmy.

And her final film, the one documenting her cancer - good for her. She insisted the cameras keep rolling even when it wasn't pretty. THAT takes guts!

An amazing lady, a difficult death.

Marg

BusynMember

Beautiful Farrah really focused the spotlight on breast cancer, and tried hard to make a difference in the lives of others who had it. I admired her greatly and was so sad she didn't have the chance to marry Ryan. At least she isn't suffering anymore and is in a better place. Many prayers to her and her loved ones. What a fighter!