Fashion Faux Pas from the 90's!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I still partake in some of these! I wear cut-offs.
I loved manic panic, in the mid 80's. Over-all's 80's, stirrup pants mid 80's... flannel's loved them, but I lived in the NW! They were a staple for after skiing!

This funny, reading the commentary.

http://www.customizedgirl.com/blog/?p=440

Some of these are coming back!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I just read that "harem pants" (aka MC Hammer pants) are coming back in style!

As for the other stuff... I am guilty of wearing the grunge flannel, the tapered jean, the Rachel cut, and colored jeans. The neon stuff was definitely an 80's phenomenon, at least out here in the west.

HOWEVER, I was a trendsetter in the 80's and was using a fannypack waaaay before they were popular in the 90's. :p

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I tried for a long time to convince difficult child 1 to wear tapered-leg jeans. No go. Now I can't get her out of skinny jeans! Drives her nuts that I shop in the juniors section 'cause I love them.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I think I qaulified for about 90%...in the 90's, though.

Fanny packs? Shoot...have you ever been to Vegas? That's a staple.

Abbey

KTMom91

I had the big hair, platinum blonde, tight jeans, high top Reeboks in really bright colors...and now Miss KT is going retro and wanting to wear 80's fashion!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I love my scrunchies and won't be giving them up soon. So there! Nah! lol

Alot of that is coming back into style. Sorry but cut offs are not just a 90's thing. We were doing in the 70's as well people. sheesh

As for flannel.......I think I'm one of the one's who started the grunge flannel thing. :rofl: I was doing it in the early 80's. Flannel is comfy people! I won't wear it now because I get hooked on the feel and won't wear anything else. lol

Guess they forgot all about the ripped up jeans, huh?

My grandma used to say that as long as you don't gain weight, don't get rid of your clothes, wait long enough and they will come back into style. I've yet to see her proven wrong. ;)

As for the neon.......uh, sorry, I am a bright color sort of person. That didn't bother me.

flutterby

Fly away!
I remember most of that stuff from the 80's not the 90's. Surely, the midwest and upstate NY isn't that far ahead of the rest of the country.

trinityroyal

I remember most of these from the 80s as well.

Scrunchies never did get along with my hair (not nearly enough restraint for the curl-forest), so I didn't wear them back then either.

Flannel...well, I'm Canadian. We were doing flannel lumberjack shirts back in the 70s. Probably earlier, but I was too young to notice.

Still wear cut-off jeans on occasion. Never was much for neon. Love skinny jeans.