father in law is missing (updated)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Backtrack to Thursday. That little bugger snuck out to go turkey hunting by himself. How do I know? Well, on Friday morning I called and asked him over for dinner as he is alone. I said H has the day off tomorrow and would love to go to the woods with you. "Oh, no...I went yesterday afternoon." I am hugely biting my tongue at this point. We had a few turse words then he came to dinner.

Today I get a message for him that says 'urgent.' I didn't get it right away as my phone was on vibrate. Maybe 30 minutes later. Tried calling back...no answer. Walk over to the house and no car. I'm going to strangle him. Called mother in law and she is frantically driving back from IL.

It could be something as simple as pushing the wrong button on your cell...who knows. He's not very adept at using it. I'm sure he'll surface, but he's going to have to face me upon that. I hate worrying. Stubborn old guy.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG Abbey, I hope he's ok and just pushed the wrong button.

Saying a quick prayer that this is the case and you find him quickly.

Please keep us updated.

(((hugs)))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Still no reply. mother in law is home and frantic. The stubborn old guy is probably sitting down at some quarter bar with old friends. The wrath will come upon him. He's usually out gardening all day. I SWEAR I will take his keys this time.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Adding in another prayer-I hope he is found quickly and that he is fine. Then, take away those keys!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Pretty scary, Abbey. I take it you've called around to his favorite haunts?

Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You need to get that guy a GPS tracking device... maybe your local P.D. can loan you an ankle bracelet? :tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, geez. Finally found him just a few minutes ago. He was trying to go to the woods to hunt and got lost on his way. (He only goes there maybe 100 times a year.) Fortunately a car passer saw him wandering. He has my info in his wallet and they called. mother in law was on her way back and picked him up. Now we have to figure out how to get his car back...WITHOUT KEYS. :mad: He doesn't know where they are. Backup set at home, fortunately.

Thank you for your concern. I was worried.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thank goodness you found him!!! Whew phew!! I was worried. I can't imagine how you, husband, and mother in law felt!

Scary to the nth degree.

((hugs))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hate asking the obvious, but is it maybe time to buy a leash? (Slinking off to the corner now...)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Leash, invisible fencing (remember the old Cheers episode? Dance Mailman, dance!)...whatever works.

Glad he's home though and is ok.

Jena

ok i'm so sorry i'm late to this. I'm glad you found him, but wow tha'Tourette's Syndrome soo not good!! Taking keys and leash is a good thing. He got lost to go hunting?? LOL. sheesh :)

never a dull moment, huh....??

skeeter

we had an elderly neighbor that did this type of thing several times. One time he called us and "someone" was looking out for him. Ex asked if he could read any street signs, he did and it happened to be an area that ex drove school bus in years ago, so we knew exactly where he was at and could go get him.

The last time, he "lost" his car at a grocery store. Police brought him home. It was "found" there 3 days later. His daughter lived out of state, but after that incident we told her that no matter how much she didn't want to do it, the man could NOT live alone anymore.

Hope you find a peaceful solution to your issue....