father in law Passed away last night

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by hearts and roses, Jul 12, 2011.

1. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

My H's dad passed away last night. The blessing is that the disease was swift and he didn't have to linger and suffer. It's amazing to me how within two weeks of being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer his body shut down and now he's gone. I will miss him, he was my buffer when H's mom was around.

He was a strong, robust, hard working man who did right by his family. I know H is upset, but he's also glad that his dad didn't linger on in pain. I think the memorial service in FL will be next week and then we'll have another on LI next month some time. I will go to the LI service with the girls and H next month.

Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts these past couple of weeks - truly appreciated.

2. CrazyinVA

CrazyinVA Well-Known Member Staff Member

I"m so sorry for your loss.

3. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

Condolences to all of you. It is good that he didn't linger and suffer. My aunt passed when I was a teen, she too was just diagnosed and passed within a couple of weeks. All of these years later it is what I remember being commented on the most after she passed, that it was a blessing that she didn't linger and suffer. Extra special prayers for your husband.

4. Mom2oddson

Mom2oddson Active Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Yet, I'm glad father in law didn't suffer long. {{{Hugs}}}

5. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

:hugs:

I'm glad he did not suffer overly long. Things will be different - but consider: he's pain-free now!

6. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Many hugs. Two wks flies by but it can be long if you're in pain. I'm glad it wasn't longer. Many, many hugs. And have a safe trip.

7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I'm so sorry for your loss.

(((hugs)))

8. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I'm so sorry.

9. Marcie Mac

Marcie Mac Just Plain Ole Tired

So sorry for your and your H's loss Jo

Marcie

10. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

He evidently was a wonderful man who created a wonderful son. I'm very sorry for the loss that it touching your heart and the hearts of many others, I'm sure. Hugs. DDD

11. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

So sorry for your loss....

(((hugs)))

12. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

(((((Hugs))))) and prayers for your heart to find peace.

13. keista

keista New Member

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

14. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hugs Jo, Im so very sorry. I am also glad he didnt have to suffer long.

15. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

Hugs to you. I'm sorrry for your loss. I'm glad he didn't suffer long.

16. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

So sorry for your loss. It's a gift to be able to go swiftly and with as little pain or anxiety as possible. My condolences to you and husband.

17. Jody

Jody Active Member

I am very sorry. Many hugs.

18. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Our condolences to you and your family, hon. *hugs*

19. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Our deepest sympathies and prayers of strength go wtih your family. Hopefully this time will be one of abilities for the HNR family.

-Star

20. ctmom05

ctmom05 Member

I am truly sorry for your loss .. .. ..