father in law Passed away last night

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My H's dad passed away last night. The blessing is that the disease was swift and he didn't have to linger and suffer. It's amazing to me how within two weeks of being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer his body shut down and now he's gone. I will miss him, he was my buffer when H's mom was around.

He was a strong, robust, hard working man who did right by his family. I know H is upset, but he's also glad that his dad didn't linger on in pain. I think the memorial service in FL will be next week and then we'll have another on LI next month some time. I will go to the LI service with the girls and H next month.

Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts these past couple of weeks - truly appreciated.

Mattsmom277

Condolences to all of you. It is good that he didn't linger and suffer. My aunt passed when I was a teen, she too was just diagnosed and passed within a couple of weeks. All of these years later it is what I remember being commented on the most after she passed, that it was a blessing that she didn't linger and suffer. Extra special prayers for your husband.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

I'm glad he did not suffer overly long. Things will be different - but consider: he's pain-free now!

TerryJ2

Many hugs. Two wks flies by but it can be long if you're in pain. I'm glad it wasn't longer. Many, many hugs. And have a safe trip.

DDD

He evidently was a wonderful man who created a wonderful son. I'm very sorry for the loss that it touching your heart and the hearts of many others, I'm sure. Hugs. DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
So sorry for your loss. It's a gift to be able to go swiftly and with as little pain or anxiety as possible. My condolences to you and husband.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Our deepest sympathies and prayers of strength go wtih your family. Hopefully this time will be one of abilities for the HNR family.

-Star