Favorite lines from tv, books or movies

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
From The Pirate Movie--

After their very first kiss, he takes her hand

Frederick: Mabel, I think I love you. I may even want to marry you.

Mabel: (sighs) G-d that was a short love scene--but YES!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I keep remembering more!!!

From Labyrinth...

Sara: It's not fair!
Jareth: You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is.

Old man with hat: Sometimes, young lady, it seems like we're not getting anywhere when in fact, we are.

Jareth: Sara, beware. I have been generous up until now, but I can be cruel.
Sara: Generous? What have you done that's generous?
Jareth: Everything! Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me. I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside-down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations. Isn't that generous?

Jareth: Look what I'm offering you... Your dreams.

Jareth: I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, love me, do as I say... And I will be your slave.

Sara: You have no power over me!

DazedandConfused

I also LOVE Foghorn Leghorn quotes:

(Forhorn Leghorn is the rooster from Warner Bros. cartoons).

About Prissy (the skinny little hen with the big bonnet)

"She reminds of the road between Dallas and Fort Forth,.......no curves".

Another abour poor Prissy:

"I WON! I WON! I WON! *looks at his bride Miss Prissy* Hey, there must have been some way I coulda lost."

Unrelated to Prissy:

"This is gonna cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show!"

"Say, boy, you cover about as much as a flapper skirt in a high wind."

:D

KTMom91

Favorite cartoon character: Bugs Bunny

To Wile E. Coyote, while knocking on his door...Are you in, genius? Are you in-capable? Are you in-solent?

Shoulda made that left toin at Albacorky.

donna723

Another one from Young Frankenstein - "Walk this way ... " Remember Marty Feldman? My kids acted that one out for years!

DDD

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day." Scarlett O'Hara.

That quote and the Serenity Prayer have helped me survive bad days for years! :D DDD

witzend

Young Frankenstein - Marty Feldman again.

Igor: You know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him... the things he'd say to me.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: What did he say?
Igor: "What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"

trinityroyal

Goodness Shari. Thanks for all the reminders. I just remembered another one.

Alan saying an extremely polite "No thank you." Right after Stu's fiancee made a VERY improper suggestion. Can't explain any further or the board censors will get me. What a brilliant moment.

On a related note, is it just me, or is Alan yet another delightful Asperger's character that seems to have crept onto film? He did strike me as rather spectrum-ish.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I love love love that movie. It is so wrong, but so funny....

I also love the way Stu keeps correcting everyone as to the position of the person that his girlfriend was unfaithful with....like it matters that he was a bartender instead of a waiter, and then at the end, Stu screws it up and Alan corrects him.

Yeah, Alan is def. spectrum-ish. Or something. His reference to having to stay away from schools and chucke cheese and don't let him drink or gamble or drive the car (or basically anything)...

And he comes down the escalator when they're going to count cards and he's all playing the part of RainMan...

trinityroyal

Also from Bugs Bunny:

I'm here. I'm here! Let the bells ring out and the banners fly! Feast your eyes upon me. I'm too good to be true!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
lol

I also like the witty comments Bella makes in the Twilight books. The lines aren't funny out of context, but that was one of the reasons I liked those books.

Oh, and "Beuhler? Beuhler? Beuhler?"