Favorite Movie Quote

meowbunny

BBK has me stumped.

Nomatic -- I LOVED that movie!!!!

When I started this thread, it wasn't my goal to read really off-the-wall movie quotes. Heck it's hard enough with the "common" quotes. This has turned into something challenging and fun.

Witz -- My quote is from Sierra Madra. Blazing Saddle's quote is paraphrased and shorter but, being the purist that I am, I had to use the original, even though when using the quote, I use a combo of SM and BS. Most quotes actually use BS's shortened version. ("Badges, we dun need no steekin badges.")

DammitJanet

I have several favorite movie quotes.

"The truth? You cant handle the truth!"

"What have you done to Brad? Nothing. Why? Do you think I should?"

meowbunny

DJ -- The first one is easy, so I'll leave it for someone else but the clue is the creepy one who loves to say Heeere's Johnnny!

And the second is from one of all-time favorite cult movies, poor Janet.

Okay, I think I either know too much trivia and have seen too many movies.

meowbunny

Oh, and just to prove I know too much trivia, I even know Totoro's quote and I really didn't like that movie. Someone else should have raised Arizona!

mstang67chic

Going Green
This is fun but there are so many out there to choose from! Just off the top of my head

"Let's see if you can guess what I am now" smacking sound "A zit!"

and from the same movie

"A party? Now? We can't have a party now. We're on double secret probation....whatever that is"

I have to ask. What's the quote about purple mountain majesty from? It's ringing a bell but I can't quite get it.

meowbunny

'stang: What? Me not know a John Belushi movie? That would be a sin!

One of my favorite quotes from the same movie is: "I'll write you a note. I'll say you're too well to attend." (Katy to Boon.) Used to say this to my daughter whenever she decided she didn't want to go to school.

In case the go up 6 posts was confusing, purple mountain majesty quote is from American Presidents, Jack Lemmon speaking. Did enjoy that movie but BBK definitely got me on that one.

Not American Presidents. My Fellow Americans.

LOVE that movie. Jack Lemmon, Jack Garner, Lauren Bacall, Dan Ackroyd...and the Oatmeal Guy himself, Wilford Brimley.

meowbunny

Okay, so my memory is shot. At least I got the Presidents part right. But for revenge, it's JIM (or JAMES) Garner, not Jack. roflao

Lothlorien

Mustang...I think the zit thing was one of the funniest scenes in a movie, ever. Gosh, I just loved that! I'm getting the giggles just thinking about it. I loved that movie!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay this one you have to hold your tongue and say it very slow.

Puttin on the Ritz -

and

Only an Arab would bring a dog to war.

witzend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we dance with your dates?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Her:You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me.

Him: No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.</div></div>

Touche'. I knew Jack Garner didn't sound right. I was too lazy to Google it. How lame is that?

Star#1 = Young Frankenstein (Blucher!)

Witz #2 = Blues Brothers (it's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a half a tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses)