Favorite New Food/Ingredient

Marguerite

Nope. Pass on the fresh cilantro. We call it coriander leaf here. I did grow it for a while, but found I was the only one eating it. Then when I left it out of the curries I'd been using it in, I liked them better. Trying to grow it in a temperate to tropical climate is challenging because it bolts to seed in a few weeks. Now, ground coriander seed I love. I use it a lot, I will happily grow the plant so I can harvest the seed.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Loth,

wondering about that Raspberry Habenero sauce - is it anything like jalapeno jelly? I canned about 5 batches of jalapeno jelly this year and did some versions with just jalapenos, some with jala and habenero and some with jala and pablanos.

The addition of raspberry sounds intriguing. Is it jelly or more like a sauce/relish? I canned a fabulous Zesty Peach BBQ sauce that I used dried thai chilis in and it is nice and spicy. I am drawn to the spicy/hot idea of that raspberry habenero sauce.

Sharon

Marg's Man

It's not new since I've been eating it since we visited Greece with my father in 1990 but I love a good Greek salad done the way they do it in the Cretan countryside.

Serve me this with a couple of char grilled lamb chops (brizoles) and I am in culinary heaven!

Marg's Man

DDD

I forgot about the Roasted Raspberry Chipolte Sauce that we've enjoyed just for the past couple of years. The other item
that is new to us (not to the world, lol) is Roumalade Sauce that is not spelled like that. The butcher recommended it when I bought some crab cakes last year and we all consider it a pantry staple now. Of course it is not in the pantry today so I can't check the spelling. DDD

Peanut butter by a company called Peanut Butter and Co. I have a few flavors: White Chocolate Wonderful, Cinnamon Raison Swirl, Maple, and The Bee's Knee's (honey). I have this on white bread every morning and I microwave it for 10 seconds. Gooey and yummy. They used to have it so cheap at my local supermarket, but never bought it again when it went up to $5 a jar. I found it at The Christmas Tree Store for 1.99 plus I had a 20% off coupon so I stocked up. I have to try that salad dressing by Gazebo, according to the website they sell it at my local store.