Favorite types of coffee

BusynMember

I'm a coffee lover so I started this thread to see any answers. I don't spend much on me (I'm a minamalist) but coffee...I will.

I LIKE a few Starbucks types, although I had to get used to Starbucks. My favorite flavors are blonde and mocha.

IF I JUST WANT REGULAR OLE COFFEE I LIKE the flavors of DUNKIN DONUTS and, when Im on a dime, Eight O Clock. I also like Eight O Clock Chocolate Mint and Vanilla.

I use non fat creamer and Splenda.

You?

JKF

I like the Newman's Own Organic Decaf. It's got a nice bold, but not overly powerful taste. I can't drink anything caffeinated bc the caffeine messes with my anxiety. In the summer I drink it iced. In the winter, hot. Always with cream but no sugar or sweetener.

KTMom91

I'm a Starbucks iced tea drinker (trenta black iced tea, no classic, no water, light ice) but when we hit the stores Thanksgiving eve/Black Friday, I get a white chocolate peppermint mocha. With whipped cream. Yum.

pasajes4

Arabica whole bean or Jamaican Blue Mountain whole bean......I roast and grind my own and black on special occasions a little cream and stevia

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Total Dunkin Donuts Fan...like severe fan. I love French vanilla and use non fat creamer...unless I'm stressed, then hand over the full cream;)

McDonald's works in a pinch....

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
P.G Tips black tea from England. I grew up drinking tea, not coffee (mum's a Brit), so never really acquired the taste for it as coffee.

I don't like hot coffee unless it's a mocha/whipped cream coffee shop creation with a billion calories. I do like iced mocha with milk and sweetener on occasion, and I love the fancy cold coffee drinks but abstain for the most part for reasons financial, caloric, and diabetic.

I may stop wherever and buy a large coffee if on a long drive and feeling tired. That, to me, is like using a drug; sort of liquid speed. If there's hot chocolate available, I'll mix some of that in to kill the taste.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
mof, the tea I grew up drinking, and still drink, is steeped until it is the color of coffee, and then served with milk and sweetener. That's the British way of drinking tea, and the stuff is close to the strength of coffee when it comes to caffeine. I drink at least one large mug of that tea every AM. If I''m really zonked, I'll have two mugs.

Today, I woke up at 8AM courtesy of an Amazon delivery (their fulfillment center is about 25 miles from me, so I get a lot of deliveries using Amazon drivers.). I had a mug of tea then, did some stuff, and realized several minutes ago that I need more caffeine.

My 2nd mug is steeping now.

pasajes4

coffee is my one true extravagances...... I enjoy going to specialized coffee houses and just inhaling the aroma of all of the different varieties and flavors..... I will plunk down a chunk of money for a good cup of joe but balk at paying that much for a meal

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Pasajes, my late husband was a "various things snob". I got him drinking English tea, but he was also a serious coffee-head.

Had the grinder, roaster, etc. Every day coffee was made in a French press. When he need strong stuff, or wanted something fancier, he hit the espresso/cappucino maker.

He used to joke that he needed a couple of cups of coffee to wake him up enough for the tea to work.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
When I used loose tea, I got into the ritual, but it's wasteful for just one person, and while I can get PG Tips tea in teabags which is distributed in the US, I'd have to buy the loose tea from a UK distributor and it'd cost an arm and a leg.

So no, these days it's not a ritual thing other than the cuppa first thing in the AM being a part of my AM routine.

My husband was seriously into the ritual with the various coffees he made up using various equipment and ingredients.

He was also a master brewer. THAT product I enjoyed (in moderation). He had all sorts of rituals involved in the process of making very good beer as well, and rituals for serving the various types of beer.

pasajes4

I would have liked to be part of your husband's coffee ritual. I also collect coffee services and cups and mugs for the various brews. It enhances the pleasure to sip from a special cup.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have a couple of large mugs that I'm sure were made with coffee in mind. One is always ready to use while the other one is in the dishwasher to remove the tea stains.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I would have liked to be part of your husband's coffee ritual. I also collect coffee services and cups and mugs for the various brews. It enhances the pleasure to sip from a special cup.
My husband would've welcomed you. He could also do Japanese and Chinese tea rituals, and the Turkish coffee ritual.

Sitting on our front stoop in the early AM, assuming the weather wasn't ridiculous (We're talking Chicago!) and each of us sipping on a big mug of our preferred stimulant, was a wonderful way to start the day.

karisma

Jamaica Blue Mountain, but I can't afford it. So I love the Trader Joe's Breakfast Blend with heavy whipping cream, no sweetner. You can see the fat from the cream floating on top...love it.

Believe it or not, Outback Steakhouse has wonderful coffee, the best I've had at a restaurant.

Starbucks house blend black or frappacinno with shot of expresso.

Something cool about Starbucks that makes me loyal to them is that here at the one on Mill Ave, by Arizona State, is the only place on Mill that's gives the homeless kids water for free and doesn't kick them off the property

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I can't hack Turkish Coffee. It's way too "coffee-ish" for me to choke it down. I'd do OK with the mint tea if they didn't sweeten it so heavily

husband was 1/4 Turkish. His father was born in Austria to an Austro-Hungarian mother and a Turkish father from a suburb of Ankara. His mother was Lithuanian/Byelorussian, Coffee drinker as was my father in law

I usually drink water at family get-togethers, and nearly always at restaurants, as i don't like fountain soda, and restaurant iced tea, in the North Country, the Midwest,and the South is so weak it tastes like dishwater. In the case of the South, way over sweetened dishwater.

Lil

Well...I'm not actually supposed to have the caffeine...so at home we drink half-caf - during the week - which means one cup a day for me. Then at work I drink 2 or 3 MORE - regular caf. LOL On weekends we drink full-caf at home, so I'm not exactly sure WHY we bother with half-caf!!! The savings in caffeine is so negligible!

At home, and at work, we're so boring. Folgers, Maxwell House, even Kroger - whatever's on sale. We do like Folgers Black Silk best of those. If I had my way I'd drink Café du Monde every day, but it's not the same without actually being in New Orleans. ;)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My poor husband. He got ahold of some Jamaican Blue Mountain when we were in Germany and very carefully made me a cup of this precious substance.

He watched me take a sip with great excitement; expecting that this potion would finally convert me. When I put the cup down, he asked me what I thought.

All I could say was that it was less bitter and acidy than most of the others.