Favorite types of coffee

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I love Dunkin Donuts and we make it at home also. Buy it at Costco. I use half and half and sugar. I probably should cut out both but I love having it just that way!

Starbucks is way too strong for me but I'd like to try their blonde. Never have yet.

I grew up drinking tea. I started drinking coffee when my Difficult Child was born. Not knowing he would be a Difficult Child at that time but it was my second marriage and I was a bit older and going back to work after six weeks was killer so I had to see what the coffee fuss was about!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well tea really varies depending on whether it is green, (white is a waste of time) orange pekoe, or black. It's all Camilla Sinensis; the difference is how it's processed.

Same deal with coffee. Different plants have been cultivated to have different flavor profiles when the beans are roasted, ground, and brewed. They are also bred for caffeine content to a degree.

I can make and do, a cup of tea that is as strong as an average cup of coffee.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
RN,

We get dunk in at Costco too. The blonde at Starbucks for me is just for emergencies....like nothing else around.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
SWOT, have you tried it brewed black and served with milk and sweetener to taste? I assure you my tea doesn't have a watery taste at all.

Part of that is the brand of tea I use (PG TIps), part of that is how long I let it steep, and a big part of it is using an electric kettle and pouring the water over the teabag while the water is still at a full boil.

That last makes all the difference, especially for coffee drinkers trying to make a cup of tea. Unlike coffee where the water should be just below boiling point when it hits the coffee, tea leaves, whether black, green, or pekoe, are sort of twisted and rolled up, whether loose or ina teabag.

The boiling hot water causes the tea leaves to "blossom" and unroll, exposing much more surface area and hence more flavor to the water.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Going north,

Have you ever drank the flowering teas? I love them in th he Winter...And they are pretty when they unfurl.

Pink Elephant

Starbucks Breakfast Blend... my favourite home-brewed coffee. As for bought coffees, I enjoy a rich Latte, with a hint of cinnamon and shot of whipping cream.

I'm not much for flavoured coffees. I think I made myself sick on hazelnut flavoured coffee a number of years ago, and I haven't been able to revisit flavoured coffee again.

AppleCori

I don’t drink coffee, but I will occasionally buy a Dunkin Donuts or Kuruba Gold (from the Quick Star gas station convenience store) iced coffee and put a tablespoon into my morning milk.

I use vanilla flavor, and really like it. I don’t care for it without the milk, though.

Pink Elephant

I don’t drink coffee, but I will occasionally buy a Dunkin Donuts or Kuruba Gold (from the Quick Star gas station convenience store) iced coffee and put a tablespoon into my morning milk.

I use vanilla flavor, and really like it. I don’t care for it without the milk, though.
Oh, that sounds good. :)

Pink Elephant

Yay, another Starbucks Coffee fan! :)

By the way, just to make it clear, I brew my own coffee right in the comforts of my own home! I wanted to mention that so no one get's the idea that I buy my coffee (premade) everyday. :)

Oh, and, using an old-fashioned stove-top percolator pot! Complete with little glass bubble/dome!

BusynMember

Lol. I didn't know the percolaters still existed. I do remember them.

I mostly brew my own coffee. My little city has no Starbucks. Can you believe that??? None of the surrounding towns have one. I would have to drive 25 miles for a Starbucks,no kidding. But I buy it.

I have a Mr. Coffee. I am not a Keurig type one cup coffee fan. I like more than one cup already hot and ready. Plus I think it's expensive.

Jabberwockey

Haven't tried any of the Starbuck's in the grocery store stuff. Wont go to the Starbuck's itself because I cant justify spending enough on one cup of coffee to keep me drinking even the more expensive store bought stuff for a month.

And what's up with the one that they ONLY harvest the beans after an animal has eaten them and crapped them out?!?! Who's the sick bastard who thought that making coffee out of cat crap was a good idea??? Probably a descendant of the first idiot to eat oysters. Not that I have a problem eating them, just gotta wonder about the mental capacity of the first person to ever try them.

Lil

Haven't tried any of the Starbuck's in the grocery store stuff.

Oh yes you have. My new favorite of Cinnamon Dolce is Starbucks. :) You forgot that!

And what's up with the one that they ONLY harvest the beans after an animal has eaten them and crapped them out?!?!

It's called Kopi Luwak, the worlds most expensive coffee! And no, I wouldn't drink it either.

Kopi Luwak - Wikipedia

There are WAY worse things than oysters that people eat. Who decided picking mushrooms out of cow pies would be a good way to get high?

AppleCori

Oh yes you have. My new favorite of Cinnamon Dolce is Starbucks. :) You forgot that!

It's called Kopi Luwak, the worlds most expensive coffee! And no, I wouldn't drink it either.

Kopi Luwak - Wikipedia

There are WAY worse things than oysters that people eat. Who decided picking mushrooms out of cow pies would be a good way to get high?

Yuk on the Komi Lusaka coffee!

Lil, you need to tell the “how Jabber and I met” story.....