Feeling Icky, but not sure what's up...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I ache all over, my BONES, my MUSCLES ache. These have been ongoing for about a week.

The back of my neck hurts and is stiff and swollen a little. Also about a week.

At night I am congested behind and way up into my sinal passages...I think I have some post nasal drip thing going on too, because my throat HURTS like heck. Started 2 days ago.

My ears hurts. Again, 2 days ago.

I have a dull sort of headache that comes and goes. 2 days ago.

I am tired and feel apathetic towards everything, even food. Over a week or so.

I made a giant vegetable soup yesterday and it was great. I will eat that again for dinner tonight.

I have been taking Advil (600mg) every 8 hours or so. It helps a little, but I still have this horrible aching in my bones and muscles - mostly in my legs only.

I thought I had the flu, but then convinced myself it was just a sinus infection so I called my allergist for an appointment but he couldn't fit me (Allergy season, don't you know) so instead I asked for an antibiotic to be called in (done).

I'm going to take a bath with epsom salts tonight, hoping to ease the aches in my bones and muscles.

Oh, and I have NO fever at all. I'm always a perfect 98.6 and my temp last night was 98.6. So, all you armchair general practitioners, what do you think? Just a cold or touch of the flu, a sinus infection, what?

I put a call into my family doctor, but she's never got room in her schedule, so I'm not expecting anything for tomorrow. By the time I see her, I may be all better. Thanks in advance!

Lothlorien

Being one who is currently suffering from a wicked, persistent bugger of a sinus infection, I would vote for that. I rarely get fevers. From all that you describe, sounds like that could be it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sinus infection would be my vote too. All that toxic gunk dripping down your throat can also give you body aches. difficult child 2 had a round of that last month. Hope the drugs kick in soon and knock those bugs down quickly!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
With no fever........

I'd have to go with sinus infection as well. Travis used to get horrible sinus infections and never seemed to get a fever with them.

I would think with the flu you'd be running a temp.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
Most people don't understand the impact of a sinus infection. Your tonsils (if you still have them) act as a buffer. But when they go on overload, it just passes into your lungs, hence heavy coughing, infections, etc. One infection leads to another, and so on. Toss in an allergy or two and those darn things are trying to work 24/7 but can't keep up.

I know that most doctors are very reluctant to take tonsils out of an adult for bleeding reasons, especially if this is an isolated incident. If it was happening all the time, they might reconsider.

I hope you feel better.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Sounds to me like a sinus infection as well. The last one I had just FLATTENED me.

I hope you're able to get in to see the doctor, and that the antibiotics work to clear it up. Be sure to take the whole course, and if they don't clear things up, get back to the doctor right away for something stronger. If a sinus infection gets settled in it can be a real bear to get rid of.

Oh yeah...saline nasal rinse. Helps to clear out all of the gunk, sterilize your nasal passages, and let you get better faster.

Get well soon,
Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know, it's been a while since I've had a really bad sinus infection - I guess I forgot just how bad they can get.

I generally use my neti pot in the shower severals times a week, but I admit that recently, I've been slipping up and haven't been using it. Whammo - that's when it all went down hill.

I have only taken 3 doses of the antibiotic, but I still feel like carp.

Just called my family doctor and she can get me in today at 2:30, so I'm taking that appointment. I think I need a stronger antibiotic than the same old same old stuff my allergist has always given me.

I was really beginning to feel like my whole body was toxic. Thanks for the well wishes.

jbrain

Good luck, Jo. Glad you are seeing the dr. It sounds like a sinus infection to me too. I rarely get them but both my girls do and this sounds like what they get. Hope you are feeling better soon!
Jane

DDD

Fingers crossed that your new medications get rid of your bug. I'm in relapse city and not a happy camper. by the way, my tonsils have been out for over 50 years so I can't blame them. Good luck. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Got some powerful drugs to get rid of this!!

I have an ear infection, severe sinus infection, and to top off the list, severe inflammation all over my body. She said I have "some myalgia" going on. Great. She prescribed, along with the antibiotic, some flexerils for the muscle and joint aches I have going on. She is also sending me for some blood work for rheumo stuff and lymes just to be sure.

Thank God she was finally with it today. I was ready to switch doctors.

trinityroyal

Wow Jo. I'm glad your doctor was able to diagnose and give you strong medications. It's horrible when an ear or sinus infection goes systemic. Especially that nasty sinus fluid, when it runs down your throat it can just get you everywhere.

Get well soon,
Trinity

M

ML

I hope you start feeling better soon and remember to take extra probiotics when you're done with antib's. Thinking of you. Hugs, ML